FM 27mhz Reciever for RC18B??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartBreak

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know of a reciever that'll fit the RC18B's stock mounting location? The needed features have to be FM, 27MHZ, and it has to be an inch or less wide.

Reason being, I'm going to set this car up with my M8, and sell the stock transmitter/reciever.

Nevermind; I found out the stock M8 reciever will fit. This thread can be deleted.

This is good to know because I was thinking about setting mine up on my xr3

Novak Synth Rx will work, too.

FYI, The 18T and B are very similar. I am able to put a Novak XXL or a JR R125/135 on the bar. Just use some good Double sided tape or strong velcro.

I've got an XXL in three of my cars. The reciever itself is too wide to fit inside the stock 18B body. The little blue reciever that comes with the M8, however, that one fits like a glove. It's almost the same exact measurements all the way around.

HeartBreak said:
I've got an XXL in three of my cars. The reciever itself is too wide to fit inside the stock 18B body. The little blue reciever that comes with the M8, however, that one fits like a glove. It's almost the same exact measurements all the way around.
It should fit if you mount the RX sideways. Works for me. Hokey looking yes but it works the same.

jon2 said:
It should fit if you mount the RX sideways. Works for me. Hokey looking yes but it works the same.

I'll have to look into getting either a stock M8 reciever, or the XXL on 27mhz FM (airtronics). I've been keepin an eye on ebay for one... I also have an OLLLLD CL3P fm reciever that needs a re-tune. Might have to go that route.

Back