Peak Racing "Raider" or URC "Krystal Motor"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waste Land

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone have any experience with either of these motors in 1/18 off road? I'm looking for something that will throw some good flips and have alot of low end. Top end is good too but mainly after torque.

-Jess

Sorry I have to use either motor,I use Reedy's Mini Max and have most Trinity motors like the Mass Termination(good toque,can looks like the Peak raider)and the Mini Monster a 17turn beast(plenty of toque and massive RPM).

MonsterCowpower said:
Sorry I have to use either motor,I use Reedy's Mini Max and have most Trinity motors like the Mass Termination(good toque,can looks like the Peak raider)and the Mini Monster a 17turn beast(plenty of toque and massive RPM).

I got in touch with the owner of URC tonight and talked to him for a bit. He said the core of the 17t Krystal wasn't up to his standards so he stopped making them and will be releasing them again in 16t next week. Said they are the step up the raider motor.

The URC motor also has adjustable timing, which I like. I can tune it for a bashing spot of hills and such, a open parking lot, or a mix of speed and Tq for open ramp jumping. I love it.

Hey jesse whats up bro Long time man..
Any way good to see ya around..

Now back to your thread!

Decided on going with the new Krystal when it comes out. In the near future I may buy a Trinity Mass Termination 22T to use so I wont be killing battery packs like its going out of style.

I'm going with 3 7.2v 1100mah packs from URC too

heading to the hobby shop to buy my charger tommorrow

Back