Oil field shocks etc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVORay

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I finnaly got my oil field shocks I ordered for the Mini T in the other day. They came needing oil and I didn't know what to use. So I took off for the LHS to see what he thought and had in stock. The dealer didn't really know what to use on the Mini's and only had 70wt oil on hand. It's about 20-25 miles from my house to his shop, so I went ahead and bought the 70wt lol Anyways, I filled the shocks...maybe a little to much but they work great with the 70wt. The Mini doesn't bottom out near as much as what it did with the stock shocks.

This mod ranks up with there with wheel barings and 1200mah battery pack ;) Now all I need is a a bigger motor and maybe a better servo. My servo sticks all the dang time no matter how I tune the remote.

Ray

yes that is what I use on my mini-t shocks. It could be a little thicker(i think) but it isnt that bad.

FastEddy said:
Are "Oil Field" shocks used for tracks in Texas and Oklahoma only? :D

:hehe:

You can sure tell I'm a West Texan...I'll skip the part on what famous Texan from my town is in the White house. That would probaly get me :ban: from this site lol

I installed Oil filled shocks and it's a huge improvement :)

Back