Looking into gettin a mini

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxboy100

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,
I have finally decided that i just may get myself a mini for around, outside, inside at at the track driving. I dont really want to upgrade it too much cuz most funds got to my buggy. But i am between an rc18t or rc18mt.

Whats the problems?
Which one do u prefer?
Cons and pros?
Just let me know anything u guys have to say about this little car, please.
I want to really only get an associated cuz its a good car and its cheap since I'm on budget.

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, those two are identical, except for the bodies. I have one each, and I'll be damned if I can find anything different on them except the bodies.

This would be a good one to ask Revo Rancher or Zandor, I know those two know a lot about these little things.

mxboy100 said:
Hey guys,
I have finally decided that i just may get myself a mini for around, outside, inside at at the track driving. I dont really want to upgrade it too much cuz most funds got to my buggy. But i am between an rc18t or rc18mt.

Whats the problems?
Which one do u prefer?
Cons and pros?
Just let me know anything u guys have to say about this little car, please.
I want to really only get an associated cuz its a good car and its cheap since I'm on budget.

Thanks
There basically the same except the rims and tires the mt has a little bit larger rim and tire and has a ten tooth pinion gear to compensate for the larger tire, other than that there the same and tough as nails I've tumbled mine several times and it has the 6800k mamba setup in it so it kept tumble for awhile at the speeds this thing is capable of,the only thing i have broke or lost was one of the shock retainers, other than that for the price,durability and available hopups you can't go wrong with either one.Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
so basically it depends on whether i want a better rut handling machine, then go mt, but if i want something that is a little quicker, then go for 18t?

And how big of a difference is it between 18t and 18mt as far as speed and acceleration?

Thanks a lot :banana: :ponder2:

mxboy100 said:
so basically it depends on whether i want a better rut handling machine, then go mt, but if i want something that is a little quicker, then go for 18t?

And how big of a difference is it between 18t and 18mt as far as speed and acceleration?

Thanks a lot :banana: :ponder2:
There really is no difference in speed & acceleration until you decide to drop a mamba setup in there and then you just try to hold on. If you decide to get either one i suggest the first upgrade you do is turnbuckles and swingshafts so if and when you decide on putting more power in it you have solid running gear that can deal with the added power.

Last edited:
itsme1 said:
If you decide to get either one i suggest the first upgrade you do is turnbuckles and swingshafts so if and when you decide on putting more power in it you have solid running gear that can deal with the added power.

Thats no lie, we broke all that stuff using the stock motor with barings and a 1200mah battery pack on our Mini T.

The new 18B buggy version is also the same chassis, except for the body, rims/tires and the body mounts. Buggy uses different mounts and therefore the T or MT shock towers won't work on the B.

Good advice on the upgrades for the drive axles. I got the USB cord now so I plan to program the Comp X Mambo this weekend and see that happens!

BTW, on the B you cannot use the Integy or FT motor heat sink, so you have to use the FT or Integy upgraded mtoor mount ot get additional cooling.