XRAY NT18 1/18 Nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
XRAY is shipping the NT18 next week:

"Before Xmas 2005, XRAY has already shipped already a batch of NT18 kits dedicated for a promotional tour so you could already have a chance to get in touch with the NT18. Now XRAY will start shipping the highly-anticipated NT18 next week to all of you who have pre-ordered it, so prepare yourselves! Please note that it will take a few days/weeks until all shops worldwide receive their kits, so please be patient."

"As advised by the HUDY company, the Micro Start-Box - designed and manufactured specially for NT18 - will start shipping very shortly after the NT18 kits. Please make sure you have ordered yours. To operate the NT18, nothing else besides standard RC nitro car items (fuel, glowplug starter, radio system) is required."

It doesn't say how much they are but I would like to get one..

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=735&kategoria=735

Went to a local hobby shop today (NYC HOBBIES) and I saw the XRAY NT18 ($290) up close and personal. I have to say, it's one sweet setup.

BTW, the engine is made in Japan :)

Last edited:
The guy at the hobby shop was actually assembling it and he handed me the engine to check it out. I'm just so amazed with the thumbprint size engine lying at the middle of my palm :whhooo:

Yea I am definatly going to get one eventually. Probably after they come out with some more hop-ups for it and after the price goes down a bit. They are just so cool.

Its a cool little ride. from what I have read . I am not too sure how contollable it would be. I have driven a Mamba competition set up MINI T and it was SIC!! Thing was just as fast as the TMAXX 2.5 stock. Freaking rediculous!! Now try turning either of the minis and you got a nice stunt scene.

Badfish said:
Yea I am definatly going to get one eventually. Probably after they come out with some more hop-ups for it and after the price goes down a bit. They are just so cool.

Just want to let you know that the guy from the hobby shop did mention something about "the 1st version that came out or supposed to come out (not sure but eaither of the two) has problems with the engine" The NT18 that he was assembling was the new version, in which the engine problem was corrected.

I don't know how true was that but I'd be visiting the shop later today (they'll start break-in the NT18) and maybe I can get more detailed "issues" :ponder2:

Anyway, I maybe getting one too :p

This will be a must have for any hard core RC fanatic,and I know I will get one.Should be a blast

Xray has always impressed me with total quality,from packaging to manual and the way the car is designed and parts fit.This should follow their tradition of high quality.Should be a winner and sold out for a few months

Got mine last monday here some building pics enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

a1.JPG

a3.JPG

a2.JPG

well i bought the electronics upgrade which consisted of 2 hitec hs-81 metak gear servos and battery pack that is small. your better off buying ouf of yur own state for obvious tax saving reasons but i got it for $309 shipped. i could have bought the non electroni upgrade version for $259. the LHS over here had a huge markup. they wanted $320 plus tax so i saved over $30 bucks online. had to wait a few days but worth it.....

Arrow said:
those screws turn me off... why not hex heads?!?!

yea normal screws but to me thats minimal.. you can buy a screw kit i'm sure...

Well guess what? I call the hobby shop today,and..and...they got my Xray NT18,just arrived today! :cloud9:

I am RUNNING,RACING to my fave hobby shop Saturday morning,I'll be there at 9:00AM ... :wasted:

No need to say :dance:

thats awsome news congrats!

Updated pics car is 100% built minus the body all I'm waiting for is starter box now...

CIMG0827.jpg

CIMG0828.jpg

CIMG0829.jpg

CIMG0830.jpg

CIMG0831.jpg

xray

Man just ordered mine everything u need for 299.00 no tax great price.

I can't wait till it gets here.

Nice ride though btw I'm from one18th minircrace.

Steve

Nt18_speed_demon13 said:
Man just ordered mine everything u need for 299.00 no tax great price.

I can't wait till it gets here.

Nice ride though btw I'm from one18th minircrace.

Steve

Thats awesome, where did you order yours from?? PM me and let me know..

-Frankie-

Here is a picture of mine and guys these things are awsome alot of fun. The body was kinda a pain to cut out and not that great on mine but all is well.

Last edited:
Back