I bought a RC18T on an impulse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I went to the HS today to pick a hump pack for my TMaxx and walked out with an RC18T. I never make snap decisions like that. Left me with $5.00 in my pocket.:ponder2:
Now I'll be searching for info on that. It's so bloody cold here I'm hoping it won't have any effect on it?? I'll be searching to find out about it's weak spots. I was told they've upgraded the motor, which is cool.:clap::w00t:

I've been beating the tar out of my 18B (actually wore the stock motor out, waiting on funds to upgrade it). So far as I can tell, there are no weak spots on the car. For being as small as they are, they're pretty tough little cars.

was it new or used? the cold shouldnt have to much effect on it. but it will make the plastic more brittle. got some pics of it? if its used did they upgrade anything besides the motor?

It's new and if the snow stops, I'll be out playing!
It's the same look as you see in the car mags. The motor was the only thing he told me they (Associated)upgraded. I wouldn't mind doing some upgrading to get a little more (insane) speed. We have 3 HS's here and one was 229.00, the second one was 219.00, and the third was 199.00. How much is it in the States?

Excellent I've had two of them, Now down to one with a Mamba 8k in it. Stupid fast. They're really good minis, just remember they are still very fast especially scale speed wise and thus even more unfriendly to crashes. I've gone through several parts via crashes, which would be considered normal...most crashes were after the ridiculous Comp. X. drop in. Its like controlling a dragonfly.

Damn girl, you're getting as bad as me :)

I got the Mini T my self but I really like all the Minis. My LHS only sales the Mini T's but I think the RC18's run around 180.00 bux. These trucks are perfect for cold weather...unless you hop them up a lot. Then they get to fast for indoors.

Ray

Good buy,impulse or not. 1/18th scale is addictive,you start and you cannot stop buying these :thumbup:

The RC18T is one of the best choices you can make.

Monster, thanks it makes me feel better to know that I made a good choice. I'm glad I bought what I did. I almost bought the mini lst. Dude was trying to talk me into it. But I have read some stuff in the R/C mags and felt ok about it. Now, thanks to you guys I feel much better about it.
What would be a positive upgrade? I have a little, itsy, bitsy amount of cash left so I'd rather have it spent on that then just letting it dwindle away. One of the boys said it doesn't really have any weak spots. There must be something that will make it even better?

they go for $148.00 here to be exact I'm gonna be getting one soon when i get the cash.

You go boy! You go get yourself one! Let us know when you get it.

Geeeezzz, everytime I walk by the Mini LST or any of the Associated 18's I wish I had one for those days I want to screw around and not drag out all the nitro stuff, but I keep hearing a little voice in the back of my head (my wife's), "Why did you buy a little toy?". I like the new RC18 buggy, or the LST best.

And yes, there are a ton of hop up out there including some pretty insane motors. First mod I would do would be a much larger batt pack.

BTW, the RC18 series is about 149.00 USD and 169.00 USD for the LST.

Ooops, almost forgot, yep, Zandor is on a mission to build a killer 18. Hugo, Z is probably a good source for a lot of upgrades as he is very actively shopping (and installing) upgrades. I think the project calls for, what, 6-7 thousand in upgrades, right? J/K Really, he is serious about making this anything but a bling ride. Check his thread. I check into when it gets updated.

Revo Rancher said:
Ooops, almost forgot, yep, Zandor is on a mission to build a killer 18. Hugo, Z is probably a good source for a lot of upgrades as he is very actively shopping (and installing) upgrades. I think the project calls for, what, 6-7 thousand in upgrades, right? J/K Really, he is serious about making this anything but a bling ride. Check his thread. I check into when it gets updated.

It's really only 1G and 4 18's..Any one need spare parts? J/K LOL
----

I just got an MT from a really good friend here on the forum and it will rock!!! I am considering the castle creations brushless set up but I got to strengthen it first. When the LST is done I will hop on this.. Damn here I go again!!!

i have a mini lst that is waiting to get the mamba motor put in it. the mini lst is pretty stronge it has taken many jumps down an 18 stair stair case with nothing broken.

I don't have one. (got the mini-t) But from what I read, you made a great choice. I have seen some vids where they take a hell of a beating.

Here is a pretty good forum for the 1/18 cars. http://www.one18th.com/

nice mini hugo..they are perfect for chasing cats!!!

OK, you jerks, got me started. :jk: I went by Rob's R/C today looking for some parts I ordered for the Revo that still were not in (story of my life) and I walked out with the RC18B along with a GP1100 7 cell batt and the Mamba BL motor, plus the 60t spur and a 15t pinion, and new spur cover plate for a 60t spur.

Zandor, what NIB parts ya got for sale? I gotsa lotsa PP for ya!

Revo Rancher said:
OK, you jerks, got me started. :jk: I went by Rob's R/C today looking for some parts I ordered for the Revo that still were not in (story of my life) and I walked out with the RC18B along with a GP1100 7 cell batt and the Mamba BL motor, plus the 60t spur and a 15t pinion, and new spur cover plate for a 60t spur.

Zandor, what NIB parts ya got for sale? I gotsa lotsa PP for ya!

INTERVENTION!!!!

Oh crap, I'm to late :surrender

Anyways, these little cars are freakn cool as hell. I'm thinking of moving up to a Mini LST my self. That way my son and I can have some fun with the MIni's :)