micro screw sizes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay super micro gurus....I need screw sizes for the motor mounting.....I think they are 2.5mm but I can't find a thread that works w/o forcing it...also what's a good length?

What car are you working on Mr. Big head :D
If your looking for the one that screws into the motor it self, its Metric. I only have an Inch screw gauge so your SOL. Looks like I need to go get one for metric screws. Santa forgot that when she went shopping.

It is 1/4th of an an inch long.

Mr. Big Head, screws, 1/4 inch long?? Is it getting hot in here...1/4 long is very sad.

FastEddy said:
What car are you working on Mr. Big head :D
If your looking for the one that screws into the motor it self, its Metric. I only have an Inch screw gauge so your SOL. Looks like I need to go get one for metric screws. Santa forgot that when she went shopping.

It is 1/4th of an an inch long.

it's for my M18....I can't find screws that work.....they are that funky thread AE uses alot ( I think ).........big head?? ......Yes........thank you very much, but how did you know????

hugo said:
Mr. Big Head, screws, 1/4 inch long?? Is it getting hot in here...1/4 long is very sad.
I thought it wasn't the length of the screw but how hard and twisted it was that counted :D

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! PLAID MAN Gettin Funky......:banana:

depends on the motor I think. Stock motors seem to be consistant with 2mm while mods seem to take 2.5mm. The only one that I've used that doesn't play along with the rules are the mamba's which are standard I believe. As far as length I'd say 5 or 6mm is sufficient.