How To Make A Mini-t The Fastest?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLYROXS411

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I Had Bought A Mini-t From My Lhs.it Came Equiped With A Trinity Monster Motor.i Like The Speed On It But I Was Faster Any Help Please?

the maba 8000 is stupid fast. pair that with a lipo setup and it will be the fastestest mini-t evar!!

1200 mah battery and barings !!!!!!!!

Well one could say out of the box, these things are over rated using store bought batteries.

I just installed a 1200mah along with barings and all I can say is WOW :OMG: It's about 3 times faster than out of the box using store bought batteries! It does jumps like no ones buisness and keeps on going. It felt like I was driving the Revo as many end over ends I was doing and how many times I had to flip it back on it's wheels ;) Well, it may not now since I introduced it to some water along the curve...it doesn't do anything now :( Anyways, my next mods (by sides buying better parts versions of whats broke now), well be:

Oil field shocks
Monster tires
Hummer body ( my son has a thing for hummers and his B-day is almost here)
Aluminum rear hubs ( already replaced the front due to one broke)
Ball deff ( tighten the heck out of it so both tires spin about the same lol)
1200mah battery ( twice the fun lol)

"Fastest" Mini-T

Being the head Mod at YourMicro.com I get to read every aspect of Members wanting, claiming and achieving speed in their Micros.

The Mini-T's biggest downfall in it's standard form are the lack of bearings and substandard electronics including the FET-less steering servo (servo FETs are on the RX/ESC Combo) A battery pack can make all the difference as can bearings and a decent motor.

Brushless seems to be everyone's "quick cure" for speed, but the problem is that some of the brushless systems out there are just "too fast"
The Mamba 8000 for example is insanely fast, I have one and I wont use it in any of my Micros as they just cannot handle the insane speeds the 8000 motor achieves
More importantly, the faster (6800-8000) motors put intense strain on the drivetrain causing spurs/pinions/diffs/dogbones/CVDs to wear prematurely.
Another factor most people overlook is the result of a high speed incident with a Micro. I've seen many a Micro converted to shards of plastic/CF when losing it at high speed with both Brushed and Brushless motor setups

The sweet spot is what the owner wants, if he wants an 8000 then dig deep because you will turn your Micro into a money pit by having to reinforce the chassis and drivetrain
A Mamba25 5400 option would be more sensible as it has more torque than the 8000, is plenty fast enough and wont grind your drivetrain down.

For a Brushed solution I suggest the new United RC Krystal motor
This thing has balls and if it's combined with a decent battery pack you'll have all the speed and fun you could ever need.

Let us know what direction you took and how it turns out :)

I'm thinking the mamba 8000 where could i find one?

Mondo said:
More importantly, the faster (6800-8000) motors put intense strain on the drivetrain causing spurs/pinions/diffs/dogbones/CVDs to wear prematurely.
Another factor most people overlook is the result of a high speed incident with a Micro. I've seen many a Micro converted to shards of plastic/CF when losing it at high speed with both Brushed and Brushless motor setups

The sweet spot is what the owner wants, if he wants an 8000 then dig deep because you will turn your Micro into a money pit by having to reinforce the chassis and drivetrain

That sounds about right.

I would think you would have a serious controll issue with a Mini T using an insane motor like a Momba. It seems to me like you would need some better tie rod ends to go along with tougher parts. The stock ones pop off on me all the time and it would suck if I hit a wall because of a cheap stock end. Heck, I would probaly smack a wall anyways if the car went any faster than it is ;) Now even if you went full aluminum, that stuff will break also if hit hard enough or bent enough. I'll stick with some 20-35.00 dollar aftermarket motor. Anything more, and I could probaly buy a Savage for the total cost of the MIni T.

Ray

I get to play w/ an all aluminum mini-t every now and then...it has the 8000 but no lipo (yet)......it sucked to drive, more novelty than anything UNTIL, he did the RS4 shock conversion...I gotta say it's just like driving a 1/10 scale ST now w/ all the power you could possibly need...and since it's so light when it does do the tumbles it takes em pretty well......now we have busted it up a few times but hey if it's not broke at the end of the day you didn't try hard enough right???
another point on that mini....he used integy aluminum....it's like 100 bucks for th efull kit......now I know everyone has opinions on Integy but for some applications where you want the stiffness of aluminum but also want it to give or break instead of mangling other parts, the integy stuff works great for that

Plaidfish said:
now I know everyone has opinions on Integy but for some applications where you want the stiffness of aluminum but also want it to give or break instead of mangling other parts, the integy stuff works great for that

I agree. For larger scale models their parts don't have a very good reputation but when you scale things down they can take a much better beating. I sold most of my aluminum mini-t stuff to get the weight down but I kept a few things I thought would be worth the extra weight.. the front and rear shock towers for instance. I have noticed that the fit and finish isn't very good with the anodized parts but that is to be expected anyway.

Plaidfish said:
another point on that mini....he used integy aluminum....it's like 100 bucks for th efull kit......

Ya, I was thinking of going with this in the begining. It runs about 107.00 - 115.00 on ebay depending on color I think. I've changed my mind and figured I would trade up to a Mini LST after a while.

Ray

The fastest Mini-T...

Quite simple,maybe not the absolute fastest but the fastest at a fair price.

Castle Creations Mamba 8000KV motor/ESC,quality slipper,CVD's,any quality oil filed shocks,...a 3 cell LiPo from a reputable company like Kokam.A quality and SAFE charger for LiPo packs.Deans Ultraplugs where high current flows.Above all all around quality sealed ball bearings.

Install,double check...get ready for take off!

Back