Mini T imfo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVORay

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I didn't see this micro 1/18 thread until now and posted a thread in General electric. Sorry about that, newbie mistake I guess.

Anyways, my first RC I've bought in years is the Mini T and I'm looking to mod it some. The truck is for my 3yr old son and we need to make it a little tough. I've ordered a Revo and need something to entertain my son since he can't drive the Revo. So far we've already broke a spindle and ordered some aluminum spindles along with some wheel bearings. I'm also going to oder some oil field shocks ( I think they make them), aluminum A arms, aluminum shock towers and some moster tires.

My questions is will monster tires rasie the ground clearence on the Mini T and will the wheel bearings I ordered fit most monster tires for the Mini T?

Thanks
Ray

The wheel bearings fit inside the spindle and have no bearing (No pun) on the tire size. Taller tires will increase the ground clearance. With the upgraded shocks you should be able to raise the ride height with spring spacers.

Thanks

I was looking at the Mini T and there doesn't seem to be that much travel in the front as a posed to the rear. The front seems like the skid plate would interfer with what ever I did to increase ride height minus bigger tires that is. Will I need to modify the skid plate or do they make one to allow more travel?

Also do you know where I can buy spring spacers and oil field shocks. I found some shocks on ebay for 9.00 bux a set but I'm not sure if their any good.

Thanks again
Ray

Back