RC18B or Mini LST??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm having a hard time deciding which one. Anybody got an opinion out there? :shrug:

I have rad up both and the Mini LST needs the center diff to be upgraded to the Ball Diff from the Mini T. Other than that your normal upgrades like battery, ESC and servos are in order. I would think Turnbuckles and tires would come later.

You can't go wrong with either of those choices both are built tough and handle pretty well right out of the box, my first upgrade on my RC18MT was the 6800kv mamba setup,stock was just not cutting it for me, now i have to upgrade the turnbuckles and swingshafts so i can adjust caster and camber because with the new mamba setup this thing is all over the freakin place. Good Luck with your decision!
PC030001.jpg

Last edited:
after seeing 3 MLSTs blow diffs within 30 mins of being opened, I would wait til the parts are easily available....the RC18 series is just tough as hell it seems....at least until you drop a mamba 6800 in it.....lol...nice mini itsme1

I've got the RC18B, and about the only thing I've broken is the motor... wore that sucker out, lol.

I saw a really nice rc18b on the used sale rack at my lhs, and it was SMALL!!!! I couldnt belive it! I guess its about the same as a rc18t, but it still amazes me :D

Go with the mini-LST. I have had two different 18ts the regulart and the monster and they both sucked! My mini-t was way better! I got to drive two mini LSTs at the local hobbie shop and they handle awesome! The jump like a big truck!!! I drove one with a mamba 5400 and one with two fireball motors. (both using 7.4v lipo) They are great little trucks they just need ball diffs and maybe some servos....

By the way my mini-t was way fast then the mini LST's because I run a mamba 8k with 7 cell GP1100.....

I have both trucks,the the RC18 class platform is more durable out of the box and needs less investment to work great.

The Mini-LST or Mini-Emaxx(due to motor configuration and drivetrain)is a great mini truck,less race worthy(center of gravity being a good deal higher)and weighs a good deal more.More weight = more motor power needed to accelerate and reach a similar top speed as the RC18's would with lesser moror/ESC/battery packs.

:2cents:

About how big is a mini t? appox length and width? I have never seen one but I might get one in a trade. Do the minits have oil shocks?