Am I missing something???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I finally ran the M18 I got from joey almost a year ago....I set it up w/ a Spy/Baja combo and Futaba FM radio...at first I used the lil 270mah pack to play w/ it while the XS power pack charged...I go to put it in and it's too big....I searched for any info on this and came up with either too broad a search or nothing (too fine)......anyone tell me if I need a chassis conversion for this to work properly????or is there a trick to using the larger packs on a stock chassis......

forgive for my ignorance...m18 team associated mt18? i might have a solution

ahhhhh....xray not too big in this area yet. i'll do some searchin for ya though

OKAY...I'm a dipshit.....
I just have to remove one cell and set it to the side of the other 5 cells.....:doh:

i was almost getting ready to call xray themselves...don't feel bad....i was thinkin more like donkey@#$ for myself when i read your last post!!!!!

plaidfish....i am not getting any hits on another thread in powerplants so i;ll ask ya here....have you seen/heard/ran the newo.s. revo/tmaxx eb fully modified .18

No I haven't run an O.S. 18....I'm trying to stay away from small block engines...seems like every time I think it's gonna be as cool as a BB I get dissapointed......I'm just going to change my T-maxx into another truggy looks like.....Still on the fence but I just don't bring the T-maxx to the park anymore and the only times I run RCs are at the track or bashing spots (either way I have to bring a ton of support equipment) so I figure do away w/ all my small blocks......I hear good and bad from guys I talk to about the O.S. .18.....the EB modded ones are supposed to be absolutely sick power......however the few I have heard say that are all running BB conversions on thier Revos now w/ V-specs or 421b.......I think that's just stupid personally....don't need all that for a Revo......

yeah it is a little overkill...well if ya here any hard facts on it let me know
thanks

I've noticed the same thing Plaid, about moving the sixth cell to the side. Interesting that the battery posts at the side are spaced perfectly (if set up right) to stick a sixth cell in there. Even though nowhere do they state or recommend that you should or may be able to. Personally, I think they designed it that way. I'm going to reconfigure a 6 cell pack I have for my mini-t that way.

Joey, Thanks for the link...that's exactly what I was just looking for.....
BTW, I noticed last night the Motor mount is bent...WTF did you hit to do that???
that thing is like a solid aluminum block and it's tweaked just enough to let the gear slip when I turn hard left.....and yeah that stock chassis GOTTA GO...so soft I think it adds more steering from flex on hard corners...the chassis twists so much the steering linkage was grinding onthe floor.....sick lil car....I'm definately gonna get this set up for the track and just walk up to the pit lane and pull it out of my pocket for effect...then just kill all the TCs on the track...LOL....might have to go BL to get the full HOLY CRAP effect though......

Lessen, I think I might try and do a 7 cell pack nexttime.....screw race legal I just want speed out of it.....

i little bit of cash.....go li-poly. whew!!!!!

I'm leary of Lipo....I saw one get T-baoned last year and it caught fire....only they didn't know it was on fire for a few seconds...the guy walked up to it and it just shot a big flame almost hit the dudes sac.....I hear that's a maintenance thing or it only happens to people who don't take care of their stuff (this guy would fall into that category) but the chance that a batter could melt my car just turns me off to it.....I even bought the ICE charger so I could get LiPo sometime down the road.....

hey plaid to be truthfull i have no clue how that motor mount is bent.. when i traded you i maybe used that motor mount 5 times but i mostly ran the 180 hpi motor and mount..

Sorry that it is bent but i dont know how that could have happened.

Oh well.... it's so slight it took me a few looks to see it....it's got just enough twist to let the chassis flex the pinion away from the spur when I turn Left.....If I turn it right it's fine LOL...so I just set up a right handed oval on my patio adn ran it incircles....I already ordered a new mount...no worries.....

okay, Lunch time today and I got my motor mount in....I run it outside on the super smooth black top and the stinking chassis twists like a pretzel......cool car but man If anyone wants one just build it up from after market parts.....I'm guessing the Baja motor w/ a 1200 pack is just too much for this thing......anyone have suggestions for chassis reinforcement until I get a CF one????

Back