Mini LST Diff Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truthseeker

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The rear diff in my mini lst just took a crap as a result of doing a high speed reverse change-up. Probably too much abuse, I know, but they do seem kind of flimsy. Okay for just playing around on the track, I guess, but I wouldn't want to add too much power on the those diffs. Anybody know where to get a metal diff gear set?

no matter what diff u put in there.... you keap doing your "HIGH SPEED REVERSE CHANGE UP" and there will never be a diff that last. You should know better then that.... any car that does that and the diff will be gone.. ... anyway no there isnt a metal diff out... plan on waiting for a bit.

"HIGH SPEED REVERSE CHANGE UP" lol Fun to do..but yet..brutal :sniper:

wtf man.. might as well pour sand in it while your at it.. lol

hey i have a mini-t and i do those high speed change ups and mine has never craped out on me nor felt like it would lol i also dont have stock parts but i do it all the time lol hmm guess the car likes me lol

Geez guys, cut me some slack. I was outrunning a $950 Mini T in reverse and I bumped the throttle. So kill me. Anyway, I think the diff was about to go before that happened. It was way too easy, I think. We'll find out when I get the new diff gears 'cause I'm gonna run it for a while and then take 'em apart and check everything.

there is a CENTER SPOOL ... losi makes it... check on horizonhobby.com

Outrunning a $950 Mini-T with a Mini LST! I hope you are :jk:

My LiPo/brushless Mini-T is worth $700 and does over 80KM/h with ease,must have been a stock Mini-T with $850 worth of paper bills strapped on the truck. :spit: Or your Mini LST has a Hacker MAXX installed

Back to the question...stronger diffs and metal ones you will have to wait.I am looking around as soon as I see them I nab them.My Mini LST needs some money to be wasted on it :hammer:

I haven't seen a mini LST yet last more than a day.......I've seen 3 people buy em and shred the diff in the parking lot......I dunno I guess they really wanted to make a mini LST....big shocks/ Bigger tires/ and breaks as easily as it's big brother LOL.......

Plaidfish said:
I haven't seen a mini LST yet last more than a day.......I've seen 3 people buy em and shred the diff in the parking lot......I dunno I guess they really wanted to make a mini LST....big shocks/ Bigger tires/ and breaks as easily as it's big brother LOL.......

True :spit: Its like the LST with...more fragile parts.

But besides the solid Savage most monster trucks will break unless beefing up is done in a few very critical areas.

Breaking or not I love the hobby and buying parts is part of it. :hammer:

ok here is what i've found out now. i'm hearing there is a ball diff upgrade? dont know anything about it. the losi guys are apparently running around crazy trying new materials and stuff to fix the diff problem. they really suck stock. i'm pretty worried as the shop here has sold like 20 of them. oh yeah, the $950 mini t was just lots of aluminum, not necessarily fast. the guy was just being a smart ass so i shut him up. kinda. until my diff stripped! :LoL:
losi says to shim the diff so it's tighter. maybe i'll try that. it was pretty loose in there.

You would think with all the Mini-T problems that Losi would have some experience under their betl. I got suckered in as well. I put a AON Electric brushless int here, but I'm using a low setting for take-off. Losit should be ablet to modify the Mini-T center diff fairly easily. Send them an e-mail and ask for the new production hex hubs, then rims if you break yours.

when you get a chance, check out a horizon order sheet and you'll see that they list the ball diff upgrade as being for mini t and mini lst. i don't know if they list it everywhere like that or just for the dealers. if anybody knows how to swap in the ball diff, let everybody know. that's probably a good solution. until metal diff gears come out anyway. as for rims, i can't break 'em cause the damn truck won't run. guess that's why they call it a hobby :shrug:

Back