MINI LST (speed) Stock and BL Mamba!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I found this info about the mini LST:

STOCK

I got an average speed of 16.5 mph on a completely stock Mini LST using the stock battery and charger. I charged the pack for 6 hours, although it only needs 3 for the first charge. I received about 10 minutes of run time of running up and down my street passing the radar gun. I could have kept running for another 5 minutes at least. The motors were a comfortable warm. Same for the ESC. I have a Bushnell Velocity radar gun, which has an accuracy of +/- 1 mph.

Run 1 - 15 mph
Run 2 - 16 mph
Run 3 - 15 mph
Run 4 - 17 mph
Run 5 - 17 mph
Run 6 - 18 mph
Run 7 - 17 mph
Run 8 - 16 mph
Run 9 - 17 mph
Run 10 - 17 mph
Average - 16.5 mph

What are your official speeds? Tomorrow I plan to charge the battery at 2 amps and then run it. Then try it at 4 amps. Then I will eventually solder on some Deans ultra plugs so I can use some of my Mini-T packs. Too bad the ESC is recommended for 7.2V. I got a 9.6V pack I want to run. But I'm not going to be the dummy who tests it.

Mamba 6800Kv

BLminiLST.gif

I ran it today. Here are my speed results! Mamba 6800Kv with a United RC 650mah 9.6V Mini-8 pack peaked at 4 amps. I will be putting the stock system back in, and probably go for dual United RC K4 motors.

Run 1 - 25 mph
Run 2 - 23 mph
Run 3 - 26 mph
Run 4 - 25 mph
Run 5 - 25 mph
Run 6 - 24 mph
Run 7 - 23 mph
Run 8 - 23 mph
Run 9 - 24 mph
Run 10 - 22 mph
Average - 24.0 mph

wait one thing that I'm not understainding is that it had dual mamba's and its only going 24 at tops? i would expect that truck to be cooking along not putting around. what am i missing here?

srry one mamba motor but i would still ecpect it to haul some ass . could u let me know what gearing and y its only going that speed

Looks like there is one mamba installed not two.

its one mamba... this truck weighs more then the rest of the mini's... You would get more speed with a bigger bl motor .. like the aon 4900.... Dual mamba's will kill the batt in min's. which is no point. go with the dual insane motors an lipo and it should hit a decent speed. just my .02

Back