electronics when bub bye plz help!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljimmy162

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone i have a major problem! i decided to drive the mini-t out in the rain :stupid: I had it all water proffed and everything or at least i thought so. well it ran fine for a wile and at one point it just stoped. :shrug: well i took the electronics apart and come to find out the electronics had gotten destroyed so i now have a mini-t with no electronics at all nothing works. so i need to buy some electronics. :) i want some that are extreammly good cuz I'm thinking of putting the mamba into it. but at the same time i dont have alot of money maby 200$ so if anywon knows of any good electronic that would be great.

i think of it this way! another reason to spend more money :naughty: :w00t:

Don't be disheartened.... Take the reciever, ESC and servo apart, and spray them with WD40. Let dry overnight, and then give it a try.

how will wd-40 help the electronics i let them completly dry befor i tryed it

just so u know here is what happens

-i hook everything up
-hit the throttle engine moves forwared
-reciver starts warming up to 90 deggres but that it
-put it in reverse engine dose not want to move i help by spining it my self then letting it go and it moves very very slowly
-recever heats up to 130 150 deggres
-try turning it nothing moves

but one thing i want you to know I'm using a fully charged battery and when i put it into revers and i give it full power it barly spins i give it half power and it spins a bit faster .

for everyone who reads this always always water proff your electronics or just be very carefull

liljimmy162 said:
for everyone who reads this always always water proff your electronics or just be very carefull

i know what thats like. before i was getting back into hooby class rc cars i had a 30-35 mph 6 cell x mod. i thought that car was sweet. i drifted drag raced the whole nine until i decided to drive it out side and ended up in a puddle of water. all i saw was smoke. oh man i was pissed

Have you checked the bearings? They may have become rusted and seized. Just a thought. Better to find out that's the problem before buying everything new just to find out it's still the same.

i have already cheaked all of that stuff (Bearings. and all) and i dont really see any problem but electronics can be very weird if u damage them so o well I'm just gonna get rid of the stock electronics i mean all of it and go with better wons so if anywon know what are some good electronics that would be great thanks

the electronics I'm getting for x-mas are supose to be good. novak spy esc, hitec hs-81mg servo. my beast rapter v2 is coming tomorrow. the servos a must but you could get a micro gt esc for $20 more. and for my reciever I'm using a left over airtronics from my rs4-3

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCNR7&P=ML

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN679&P=ML

and on the spy the conectors for the battery is a micro and so is the motor connectorjust solder the connrctor on your motor. heres a cheap soldering iron and good solder

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPR36&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKX34&P=ML

Took me a while to get back to this thread, but here goes... WD40 is actually a Water Dispersant (sp), invented by the military (if memory serves right). Altho people tend to use it as a lubricant, it will easy chase away water.

That being said, it sounds like the motor is hosed. If WD40 doesn't resurrect the dead, I'd go with the above post, and replace at will. Don't be afraid to get the higher dollar stuff; the quality is worth it.

thanks for your help guys I'm down in florida right know on vacation so i can't really do much about this right away but yea ill put some money asside so i can buy some new stuff. ill try the wd-40 trick(didnt know wd-40 was a water disapator and not a lubracant) if nothing seem to work ill just go and by new stuff for it :) but yea i just want to know one thing

why would the reciever be reaching temps of 150 is it because of to much load or is it cuz its just broken lol well i would like to know thanks.

and thanks again for all the help

TIP FOR ALL!!!!!- stock sucks :) :bling: so lets get rid of them and blow them up :) :tank:

liljimmy162 said:
TIP FOR ALL!!!!!- stock sucks :) :bling: so lets get rid of them and blow them up :) :tank:

or you could save a limb or two and sell them on ebay :cheers:

haha yea and sell it to all the others who thing stock is great lmao but raise the price on it a bit lol the'll never know the difference lol :cheers: :) crack heads :smoke: lol

hmmmm,crack heads ,
maybe thats why i am using my stock radio gear for my rc's ,my major thing is it worked great till i fixed it lmao
there is nothing wrong with stock electrics unless you race and stuff like that but if you bash ,why needlessly spend on high dollar radio gear when you can stick that and spend that cash on hop up parts lol
JMO

i can completly see what u mean this is my opinion tho. destroy stock erlectronics a nd other stock parts so u can get better thing that

1. looks good
2.runs much better
3.so u dont have to keep buying parts all the time

but hey everyone has their own opinion and i respect that.

u know what I'm thinking of getting the mamba motor, is it really worth 100$ i mean i really dont want to spend that much on a motor i mean if i can get it somwere else that would be great fir cheaper