Mini-T Modified Dirt Body (Parma)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I was at my LHS the other day and they got in a new body from Parma. Its a Modified Dirt Oval for the Mini-T.

The body itself is a POS! BUT.... Its fun as hell to look at.
It comes in a flat die-cut sheet that isn't cut very well. It took a lot of work to get all the body panels cut out and ready to go. Its held together with nylon screws that just don't do the trick. The strip out before they can tighten down. Parma knows this and recommends that you pit 2 nuts on each screw.

Once the body is together it is "Flimsy" at best. It wouldn't last 2 seconds bashing or on the track. I think a bunch of ShoeGoo will make it stronger.

The Wow factor is a 10 but thats about it.

I wanted to test out some painting tricks. for 12.00 I decided this would be a great chance. The paint came out fine but the color choices I used don't exactly match each other.

I have never been a good painter nor do I ever expect to be one.

Here are a few shots.

mini_dirt_body1.jpg

mini_dirt_body2.jpg

mini_dirt_body3.jpg

mini_dirt_body4.jpg

It looks pretty neat. How about dyeing the screws black?

looks um....funny....good for mini t oval, if anyone does that...

Sorry man, but that is FUGLY... lol Not the paint, but the lid...

You guys need to check out this Mini T / RC18 body. This guy has them on ebay. He has other styles too.

Here is a link to his ebay auction;

Ebay Link

Mike

Last edited:
eddy is that the thing that caused your throat probs? sorry dude.. but that was a high price to pay for a not so cool body.. good idea but they really messed that design up..

I have the mcallister late model body, it fits better if you stretch the chassis at least an inch. I also built a sprint car from a mini, it runs the small dirt oval pretty good.

Last edited:
Back