mini-t rear hub problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RikDRacer

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put the integy blue upgrade kit on my sons mini-t. I used old spindle/shaft piece in new hub. Now when i tighten back wheel nut up the wheel doesn't turn freely. Could anyone give me ideas on what to do.

Did you check to see that the bearings inside the wheel spin freely before putting it back on? that could be a problem.

back it off a little bit. Those hubs get rid of a lot of the slop in the rear wheels. if you compare them to the stockers you'll see that the area between where the inner and outer bushings/bearings go is wider in the integy ones. Just don't torque it down as much, that's really all there is to it.

The bearing do turn freely.I saw on one site that someone with same problem filed down the inner hub of the rim a little. He said the parts make it do that and once he knocked a little off it worked fine. Someone also said the racers edge spindles have enuff clearance already.Thanks for the suggestions. I'm debating on trying to file or dremel some off.

the only time I had that problem is when I tried using the blue hubs with the integy ball diff along with the stock dogbones... eh eh. don't work. A word of advice RikD, if you ever upgrade the differential don't get the integy one.. you'd have to get integy universal shafts (1 of 2 types they make) plus you have to use the "other" hubs they make, or the stock hubs. Integy is a PITA.

Thanks for the advice 2 days ago i ordered the ball dif and it comes with the swing shaft in a package so hope it works out. Do you happen to know of any company that might have the silver alloy gearbox and the silver front upper and lower steering caps.i got the blue kit and wana add those in silver.

If you can't find silver, It easy to de-anodize aluminum parts.
Original Yellow Can EZ-Off oven cleaner will do the job in about 15 minutes.

So your saying if i spray easyoff oven cleaner on like the red or blue parts they will come out looking like the silver ones.Does it come out looking as good as original silver parts?Let me know please.Thanks

it will take the anodizing off but if you want it really shiny you'll have to polish it. I think a lot of people use Mothers brand polish. You should be able to get it at any auto parts store or wal-mart or some place like that.

Back