mini-t ideas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljimmy162

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i just recived a mini-t from my brother ok and its got some nice stuff on it its got the trinity motor in it, stock electronics, metel pinon gear, upgraded ball diff. and ball bearings for the wheels, and a few aluminum parts, ok i have a a few questions, the motor thats in the car keeps over heating and melting the wires right off i have already cheaked for resistance and it all moves freely. but it still over heats idk what to do and if thiers any cool thinks i can do to the car that would be cool to thanks

Replace the plugs with "deans" connectors. See if that helps. Mine got so hot once it shorted out.

To find your problem...

Charge fully your battery pack,conect.As it is if the wheels spin free,there is no binding in the tranny,give it full gas.Let the wheels spin for a good minute.

Does the motor get warm,hot? It should not be hot as there is little load and anything above warm = possible problem.

Is the comm clean,no abnormal arcing?

If the motor is cool,then maybe it is geared to tall and this makes the motor work overtime.Trinity's Mod motors spin much faster than standard cheapie stock motors.And should be fitted with smaller pinions.

Also its a good idea to have Deans connectors from battery pack to ESC and from ESC to motor.

hey evryone sorry its been a wile but i found my problem the resoin it was over heating was becuase the girs had to much resistance between them (stupid me i should have know to look thier first) well i fixed it and i bought some new stuff and it purrs like a kitten thanks for your help

Back