Mini-T vs RC18T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper830

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone,

I was wondering which one is better, a Losi Mini-T or TA RC18T :shrug:. I am looking to buy one to mess around with when I do not want to mess with my Savage.

Thanks, Mike

I have had both and IMHO the RC18T/MT is better for messing around with and racing cause of the 4 wheel drive. mine is very fast and very durable and it is a blast. the mini-t is nice but it is 2 wheele drive and it can get hard to drive it a high speeds.

They are both great trucks. I just like my RC18MT better.

It really depends on where you plan on driving it. I had a rc18t for a few months and it was a POS when it came to driving in the dirt. I run a mini-t full time now and it works great in the dirt and off. I spend most of my time on a dirt oval or dirt off-road track and the mini works great, it takes more skill to motor a 2 wheel drive around but a little practice is all you need.

I have owned both. I would say if you are willing to put some hop-ups in get the mini-t. Otherwise the rc18t stock is a very good truck. If you got the mini-t you should also get:

-Losi oil filled shocks $20
-New motor $30-50 (or mamba brushless $100)
-Metal Pinion $3
-battery pack $20

Besides that, whats wrong with the savage? i just got one myself and havent drivin my rc18mt for a while.

I have the Mini-t. From what I have seen straight out of the box, rc18t hands down. It comes with a charger and rechargeable battery. (Although charger says 10hrs.) Mini-t comes with a harness to put 4aa batteries in.

Mini-t is fun. The upgrades are unreal. Like a Savage, everybody makes something. Battery and motor are the first upgrades. I bought a 7.2 battery and burnt up the stock motor pretty quick. Stock connector sux too. Deans is a good one. Here is an article on the Mini, if ya haven't seen it. http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/minit_mad.asp
Also a forum on the little cars. http://www.one18th.com/ These guys will help as much as the ones here.

Good luck with you choice. :cheers:

yea the stock mini-t motor is junk. My friend just recently got his mini-t and it was unbelievably slow with AA's and the stock motor. He went on eBay and bought a custom 8 cell pack that was 9.6 volts. That thing flew after that. To bad before he had even done one full run on that new battery the motor started letting off a weird smell and was completely toast. He then got a Reedy MiniMax and now it wheelies!!!! Its like a mamba! cept doesn't cost as much. But after he went off like his 2nd jump, he broke a shock. and is still broken until he can get oil filled.

I read an article about modding RS4 shocks to fit a mini-t and they said it drove just like a 1/10 scale truck.....anyone do that mod??
Also I notice my kids drives a lot better since we got the aluminum arms and the better slipper.....the batt/motor/shocks are a must on the mini......my friend has th eRC18 and it hauls ass.....they also have a buggy body for them so you can basically make a good mini buggy....anybody know if the half 8 tires fit an RC18T

My vote is for the rc18t, I have 2 of the mts and they are awsome. They just float across the grass where my buddys mini-t had to work like crazy. The 4wd is sweet!

redhatman said:
I have owned both. I would say if you are willing to put some hop-ups in get the mini-t. Otherwise the rc18t stock is a very good truck. If you got the mini-t you should also get:

-Losi oil filled shocks $20
-New motor $30-50 (or mamba brushless $100)
-Metal Pinion $3
-battery pack $20

Besides that, whats wrong with the savage? i just got one myself and havent drivin my rc18mt for a while.

Nothing is wrong with it. It is just where I live in the apartment complex it is hard to run the savage, so I am looking for something to use when I do not want to travel and run the Savage.

It looks like I am going to get a RC18MT :hammer: . Now I have to fine a place where I can get a good deal on it.

Mike

Go with Rush RC or Tower they have the best deals on new stuff.

make sure the rc18mt you get comes with the super 370 motor. There would be a sticker on the box saying it. At my lhs, they have rc18t's with super 370's, but the rc18mts dont.

I thought all of the mt's came with the 370 and only the older t's came with the smaller one. Either way get one with the 370 like redhatman said.

Mini-T or RC18T?

Out of the box the RC18T no doubt.handles way better,four wheel drive,better motor,better truck all around.

Now pit a Mini-T Pro VS a RC18T Team and we have a much closer ride.

With options being made by so many compenies the Mini-T is a dream truck.I have a Mini-T Pro with more options I care to list.Mostly alu parts,Novak Micro GT ESC/XXL FM receiver/Trinity Monster 17 turn motor and the works.

Mini-T for upgradability,tweakability.You can make a great micro sprinter with it,on or off road car.You name it

The RC18T has more and more parts too.

Get them both :smoke:

Back