Setting brakes on RC18MT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannarunem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This little bastard (RC18MT) has brakes right? I never took the time to set them and lost the manual.

What do I need to do...reset the esc? If someone can tell me about doing so, I would appreciate it. I remember setting up the ESC for forward and reverse..but not for brakes. What do I need to do to set it up?

i do not think u can do a FOC conversion for it. On mine, to break I just press forward on the remote and stop before it goes reverse.

redhatman said:
i do not think u can do a FOC conversion for it.

Now thats some funny poop! FOC on an electric!!
All the controls are programed through the ESC. I looked on my site and don't have the manual listed. Go to their website and find the directions. Programing an ESC isn't that difficult.

FYI redskatman,
ESCs come in several flavors. Either they have reverse or they don't. Some of the units have a reverse LOCKOUT that can be programed for racing at a track.

From memory

Turn on ESC, hold down set button for three seconds. The esc should start flashing red/green. Keep TX in neutral, hit set, Tx on WOT, hit set, Full reverse, hit set.

For reveerse lockout, hold down set button and turn on ESC. To get reverse back, do the same for lockout.

FastEddy said:
And we all thought you were just a pretty face :p:

LMFAO!! thems some purty lips you got thar...... :thefinger

If this is the one in question then here you go.

rc18t_xps_speed_control_setup.jpg