My latest Editions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrechM

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
3.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

As some of you know I've sold off all of my nitros except for one, my SUT.
My small collection is stating to take some shape.
There is an RC18T with a Mamba 8000 and 3 cell lipo,
Then a MiniT with a Mamba 6800 and 3 cell lipo and
last but not least a M18 roller waiting for electronics.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Damn those look nice! Are you gonna put a mamba in the M18 as well?

Yes but maybe a little less powerful. I'm considering a 5400.

how fast is the rc18mt?? and what kinda price for the setup.. (not counting the truck)

Sweet collection.

Lets see, you have 4wd off road, 2wd off road and an on road.

You need the PTI Goliath and your collection is complete.

Don't tempt me rob.
The 18T got it's power transplant last night. Right afterwards I took it out for a spin. Needless to say it is too fast to open it up all of the way on my court.

those are way too cool.....what's it costing to set up all that in a M18? have you priced stuff out yet?...I got a roller waiting fo rme to do it to also.....just scared of the price tag, so I haven't even looked yet......

$100 for the kit
125 for the motor and esc
30 for a good servo
35 for an rx
52 for a lipo
30 for a good set of foams
10 for 2 cans of paint
5 for ultra deans plugs
65 for the upgraded diffs (it was a special deal)
7 for a matching crystal

beason said:
how fast is the rc18mt?? and what kinda price for the setup.. (not counting the truck)
I have no idea but... really fast. $241 for the wheels, Mamba and lipo. I have not purchased the 75mhz rx, servo, cvds and ti turnbuckles as of yet.

Last edited:
are they still pretty fast w/o the LiPo packs???
I mean w/ a NiMh pack?
had to clarify that .... I pictured Eddy's response being brutal

Plaidfish said:
I pictured Eddy's response being brutal
Brutal...? Eddy who?
Oh, thanks Ed.

Yes they are fast with dry cell packs and more controlable in tight conditions.

Last edited:
what would i be looking at pricewise

say i have a rc18MT already.. and i want to add a mamba 8000..

also what else would i need to replace..

You do not have to replace anything else, at least until something breaks. You can use the stock rx and tx. The Mamba plugs into it. The only required mod is soldering on the battery connectors. The 5400 and 6800 have more torque than the 8000 if you want more versatilty. The 8000 with a 3 cell lipo pack is insane.
I forgot to mention the diffs in my earlier post. They will not last long with a brushless setup and I have not purchased an upgraded set yet.
The 8000 is $159 plus tax over the counter. You can probably find a much better deal on the net.

Ya, you can find the mamba set-ups for under $100 on ebay. I looked into it for a friend who has a mini-t and wants to go brushless.

Update.

Been off for the last few days and have had a chance to dial in the mamba setup in the 18T.
First I went to lhs and picked up an Apogee 1050 3 cell lipo then set the power, brake and voltage cutoff then took it out on the street in front of my home for testing.
Not only does this thing fly... it wheelies plus goes airborne at just about any speed even with the timing advance in normal and the starting power in low. It is totally useless for racing but boy is this one fun for bashing!
fyi

hey stretch, i just put an 8000 in my mini t but i'm still runnin my old 6 cell nimh pack which seems to be kickin the bucket. i would have thought i would be able to wheelie with only 7.2 but it wont, even with an 8 tooth pinion.

how much difference should a person expect when changing from a baja motor (or the like) to an 8000 mamba w/o upgrading batts?

Lessen
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of brushed motors other than the motor that came stock with it. There should be a huge improvement between the brushed and the brushless with few exceptions.
Your Mini T should hall-balls.
Have you programmed the esc yet? If not double check your settings. I've been using the $25 Castle Link and my laptop to program mine.
I've heard no complaints about using a 6 cell pack but my brushless setups have only been powered by lipos.
My Mini T has uncontrollable power with the 6800, performs wheelies on demand with stock gear or close to stock gear ratios.
My 18T is ballistic with the 8000.

I need to get out and run them again. It's been a month or two since I've dusted them off.

thanks Stretch. It sounds like my batt. is pretty much on it's last leg. I've been cycling it but I think it's life is about up. Thanks for the info!

Hey, what do you have goin with your M18? I REALLY want one of those with a mamba... maybe somethin to hint for around Christmas. :D Anyways, have you heard what kinda top speeds they are capable of all hooked up?

I have the mamba 6800 in my 18mt and love it. Just running the stock batteries for now and is plenty. Longer run times then the stock motor. Here is where I got mine. Awsome price and very fast shipping. They also take paypal. Great place to but your mamba kit !! They also have li-polys, chargers and deans, check 'em out.

lessen I don't kno wwhich brushless set up it had but a guy had one all hooked up at the TC track one day and it killed everything out there...on the straight it walked away from the mod TC class drivers like it was a joke....if those guys are claiming 35-40 on the straight that lil bugger had to be breakin 50...it was at the end when the pack hit the mid point......

Back