1/18 suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmaxx8

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
wat are the best 1/18 scale rc cars out right know

lyle

RC18T
it has
oil filled shocks,
it is 4wd,
shaft driven,
mini step pin tires,
and it is a Team Associated,
Go RC18T

If you dont have the $$ the Mini T is good also
but it is 2wd
friction shocks
slipper gear
and it is a Team Losi
good secound choice

if you want onroad go with Xray M18 it is a sweet little car

Last edited:
What about the Rc18Mt? That looks pretty sweet and has gotten rave reviews. Thats what Id get if I was to get a 1/18th.

I have and rc18mt and it is great its the best micro out there

is the rc18mt the monster truck version

lyle

what about the Half8 (the mini mp777 buggy) looks asome.

The PTI Goliath looks sweet, that's the only 1/18 scale truck I am interested in at the moment. I had a mini t and hated it, it needs a lot of aftermarket help to be any good.

i have a goliath with tmaxx big joes, a novac ss brushless, 6 cell gp3700 and carbon fiber servo holder, its fun.

JATO said:
what about the Half8 (the mini mp777 buggy) looks asome.

It didn't get too good reviews, ok reviews, but the rc18 got a lot better ones. IMO, the rc18 is the best, I've pondered buying the factory team one then gettin a brushless b4.

wannarunem just bought his wife the rc18mt.. that thing is super quick for its size and pretty tough to .. she hasnt broke anything yet.. I'm getting on soon

Undoubtedly by far the RC18T is the most enjoyable RC that I have owned to this date. The only real difference between the RC18T and the MT version are the wheels and tires. There is an unlimited amount of hop ups available for it.

Anybody had the HPI micro RS4? The indoor carpet racing (winter time) has a class for these little units. I thought about picking up one.

Mr T

Here are what the very experienced local racers tell me;
Indor carpet racing: Micro RS4.
Outdoor on asphalt: XRayM18.
These are the same poeple that have an indoor carpet track and race at SpeedWolrld in Roseville Ca.

StrechM said:
Here are what the very experienced local racers tell me;
Indor carpet racing: Micro RS4.
Outdoor on asphalt: XRayM18.
These are the same poeple that have an indoor carpet track and race at SpeedWolrld in Roseville Ca.

Thanks for the info Stretch!

i would say the rc18t or mt. I have had a mini-t before, and I like the rc18t a lot better (thats what I currently have). The 18t stock comes with a cuper 370 motor that is the fastest stock micro motor I have ever seen. It is a very fun little truck. I would say go with either the 18t, mt, or the mini-t.