shox sock suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammin

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, I'm now i am not the only one that beats the hell out of my 18t. know here is my question, i am sick of cleaning out my shocks all the time, does any one have any ideas about shox socks like they make for the tmaxx and savage and every other nitro. I think this would work great on my truck. i have tried tmaxx ones and cut them but they are just to wide in diameter. Any suggestions would be ausome. thanks

I make my own. I have a length of black lycra and I just cut and sew it to the right size. If you have a machine or know anyone who does, I bet you can arrange to have some made for you. If not, just keep an eye on Ebay. Someone may offer them soon enough.

you ballons doesn't that work

Just throwing and idea out there sorry if its wrong

thanks i will try the ballons, never thought of that

Balloons seriously screw up your spring rate. Trust me I tried it long ago. Badhorsie.com makes the best socks. $8 and its the last set youll ever have to buy.

Also they look aluminum:)

dscf03303an.jpg

they dont quite make them small enough, the smallest they make is 0.62" diameter, the 18t is just under 0.50" so they would be pretty loose. thanks anyhow, i may email them to see what they say.