Which is better Half8 or RC18T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmo

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm sellin out all my 1/8 nitro stuff and wanna get 1 of these just to keep me in the hobby until i can get another 1/8 later down the road.

so my Question is which do u guys think is the better of the two?

parts is a null issue as i will have to buy all parts online because i have no hobby shops near by

thanks for any and all comments

BigMo

well this is kind of like the savage vs. t-maxx question.... they are totally different rides. one is 1/18 scale and the other is 1/16 scale, but out of the box I believe the rc18t is the better car, but if you are going to really go crazy, the half8 may be a lil better cause its a little larger, I do know that the rc18t is pretty good once you put the compression sleves on it to keep the dog bones in place, and I think it comes with better batteries and motor.

I like the RC18T better. it has a good bit of aftermarket support, it is a durable mini, and with a brushless it will go 40mph. plus it is a Associated

I like the RC18T better. it has a good bit of aftermarket support, it is a durable mini, and with a brushless it will go 40mph. plus it is a Associated

I agree. You should go with the RC18T for several reasons

- 4 wheel drive
- Light and Small
- Durable
- Made by Associated
- Lots of Upgrades available
- Comes good right out of the box

hope that helps you decide.

-Pat (redhatman)

Get the RC18MT - Same as the RC18T but its the Monster Truck
It comes fully RTR and is very durable and has lots of hop up parts for it. Hope that helps

Oh ask Zandor about the RC18MT he just picked one up

here is the RC18MT that RushRC is talking about.

18MTbody.jpg

so are the 18t amd 18mt

pretty much interchangable on parts?

whats the main differences?

so are the 18t amd 18mt

whats the main differences?

I dont know about the interchangable on parts, but the difference is that the MT is more of a mini-monster truck, where as the T is a mini-stadium truck. I will look into that about the interchangable parts deal.

haha, I love this picture...

scale.comp.side.text.600.jpg

ok bigmo,

so are the 18t amd 18mt

Yes, most of the parts are interchanegable.

there all interchangable since there the same truck. the only diffrence is that the 18MT has bigger tires and bigger motor,diffrent body

yea joey, i guess that is all I had to say...

rush (BRUCE) what is the price that you offer on the rc18t and the rc18mt?? i would normally just look, but since it is somewhat on the topic I was wondering if you could post it here for us to look at
thanks

FYI the MT version is the BIG TIRES and MINI MGT Body. The LHS is saying that to me. I am agreeing with him.

Back