does anyone have this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagelover12

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anyone have a novak spy with a team orion baja and a 6 cell or 7 in mini-t ? i have a spy on the way with a hitec mg81 and a futaba 2 channel. thinking bout a baja or will it be fast enough with the stock motor?. i want to know how much faster than stock and how much runtime compared to stock with a 6 cell. is this a good setup for racing?? thx

Last edited:
never even heard of such a thing.

Spy

I use Novak SPY ESCs on my Micros.
The Novak SPY is rated at 7.2V and a 300 (or 370) sized motor.
The real limitation is the input voltage, guaranteed: put 8.4V thru that SPY and it will cook!
However, from experience I know the SPY is more than capable of handling 7.2V and most tuned 300/370 sized motors.

I recommend a Graupner Speed 300, it's a cheap and cheerful 6.0V aircraft motor rated at 4833 RPM/Volt at zero load. at 7.2V this will produce just under 35000 RPM!
Most "Big Block" and tuned motors are based on this critter.
The only issue is that the Speed 300 has splines on the end of the shaft, these can be sanded/filed off, just remember to close up the motor vent holes when doing this. You do not want the iron filings contaminating the motor's insides!

I also recommend alloy/steel pinions and don't forget to use a little LocTite blue on the spur's grub screw :)

are just getting back into rcs or something i've never seen you. i saw your rc18t and m18 all i can say is your the mini god!!!!! your the only one keeping this category going i try to also . thx with the help with the spy I'm gonna order this stuff tomorrow
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wto0149p

thx

Back