HOW TO jump mini t

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 Kent

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, first off I am a nitro guy, i have a traxxas rustler and T maxx. I have a new mini t that i'm trying to trick out, right now i have the 7 volt 6 cell battery pack and the losi speed motor, when i go off the jumps though the front end just throws itself into the ground, i have never had this problem with nitro cars.

Can someone help

Its like i do a front flip or land on the top EVERY time. I have tryed different types of jumps steep smooth doubles singles even a homemade table top. So if you have any info please help- :hammer:

all i can say is try to move something towards the back from the front...or take some ca glue and glue some kind of wieght near the rear :shrug:

gas to bring front up.. brake to bring front down.. just be sure you let off before you hit the ground or you will damage the drive train..

Have you upgraded the shocks? I noticed mine was waaaaay to springy with those cheap plastic shocks and tended to kick the back up off the lip of the jump. I installed the Lost comp shocks and it works much better.

OK, well i know the basics about jumping Rc cars, i do a lot with my nitro i was just thinking maybe electric is different but it doesn't sounds different. So it must be my shocks, i have someone oil filled allumin shocks on there way so we will C.

I'll leave the thread up tell i get them on and test.

Thank you all for the good info, hope the shocks fix the problem.

I got a mini-t to jump by trading it for a mill in my T-maxx....Does that count?

How to make controlled jumps? PRACTICE and a few basic pointers,like was said when your truck takes off the ramp/hill break to bring the front/nose down and "accelerate" to bring the nose up.

With practice one can get very good,almost making perfect jumps time after time.

Start with small jumps and go from there.Never attempt huge jumps first unless you like to buy replacement parts.

Back