LESSEN's TTR S3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Since I didn't do a build thread I tried to get a few close-ups so you guys can check out how this thing is built

TTRS3001.jpg

TTRS3002.jpg

TTRS3003.jpg

TTRS3004.jpg

.... and for the body work. This came out pretty decent for my first flames. I drew the flames myself. However, I did use my computer so I could make the forward section symmetrical. The inspiration was from my childhood. I painted a baseball bat like this when I was a kid. (don't ask...I liked to paint anything I could get away with as a child). The theme is "flaming cotton candy". I don't think I'll have a hard time keeping track of this on the racetrack. :) Hope ya like!

TTRS3005.jpg

TTRS3006.jpg

TTRS3007.jpg

Wow! Just finished it, huh? Haven't you had that for like 3 months? Just kidding.
So how does that extruded chassis backbone feel? Is it really rigid? Looks like a good concept. Does it work?

haha! :) Actually, it took like 2 months to get it! but I ordered it 3 months ago. that was a nightmare... Anyways, it seems super super stiff. Havn't run it yet, still waiting on my pipe... plus a starter box. I can't wait!

OS 21 RG in a buggy? I thought that was better suited to the MT's.

Are you going to run it with that much of an angle on the throttle linkage? I'd turn the carb some...

Nice looking rig though. Looks like a candy cane!

I Want to say congrats on getting the buggy built.I thought this was going to turn into a boat building thread..LOL

I like the flames

RG is cheap. I didn't feel the need to spill $300 on a high end race engine. I'm new to racing so I just need something to get me goin. I think your thinking of the RZ. I believe that's the one that's more suited for MT's. I could be wrong though. Can't turn the carb much further w/o the boot rubbing against the center brace. I thought it was gonna create a problem too but it doesn't seem to create any binding issues. It's still pretty smooth.

ZANDOR said:
I Want to say congrats on getting the buggy built.I thought this was going to turn into a boat building thread..LOL

some people just have problems finishing things :shrug: :D

ZANDOR said:
I like the flames

thanks! :)

Lessen said:
RG is cheap. I didn't feel the need to spill $300 on a high end race engine.

That's cool. I run the RG in my savage. It's about dead, but it still goes.

Just an FYI, it seems to work really well with a well flowing pipe. I went from a 2 chamber xtm pipe to the savage 4.6 dual chamber pipe and still after 8 gallons of a hard life, it really woke the engine up! I couldn't believe the power surge I got from running that pipe.

The 4.6 pipe has a bigger stinger ID than the XTM pipe. So much so, that I can fit the XTM stinger into the HPI pipe stinger.

Lessen said:
I'm new to racing so I just need something to get me goin. I think your thinking of the RZ. I believe that's the one that's more suited for MT's. I could be wrong though. Can't turn the carb much further w/o the boot rubbing against the center brace. I thought it was gonna create a problem too but it doesn't seem to create any binding issues. It's still pretty smooth.

I think the RZ is more so suited for the buggy genre. The RG has mad torque at the low end of the RPM range, but not a whole lot of top end. I guess depending on the track, it would work pretty well for a buggy as well.

Lessen said:
Can't turn the carb much further w/o the boot rubbing against the center brace. I thought it was gonna create a problem too but it doesn't seem to create any binding issues. It's still pretty smooth.

I wasn't critisizing, just noticed the odd angle and didn't see the brace your talking about. I guess if it works, don't fix it!

Nice looking buggy. Is there a thread explaining the PITA issues you had getting it?

I have a JP-1 on order... should have it anyday now. Since the RG is good for low end torque and so is the JP-1 it should prove a good combo at the track that I'll be racing at. It's pretty tight and only has one long straight... and it comes out of a hairpin. The other long side of the track is a big jump and I think it comes out of a low/mid speed corner. It's a really cool track.

yeah, you can't see the other brace from that angle very well. Anyways, you can see the one, there is another one on the other side of the CF piece. I can swing the carb probably about another 2mm before the boot makes contact... even if it did rub a little I don't think it would be an issue. I would have to keep an eye out for excessive wear on the boot but that's pretty much daily maintanence anyways. But I'm glad you noticed, I'll take a closer look at it before I get it goin. throttle can never be too smooth.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20043&page=3&pp=40&highlight=ttr+s3

It's within that. Took like 2 months to get it from the day I ordered it.

Looks great. I like the paint scheme on the body.

congrats on finially getting the rig and getting it built! Looks great, and most guys that have it really love it. Saxton was kicking ass at the SilverState last weekend and he would have won if he didn't flame out!

robmob said:
Looks great. I like the paint scheme on the body.

thanks man. BTW, Iknow the resolutions sucks but you can still kinda tell where I put those grooves on the brake linkage collars... much easier to grab now.

Time to get that beast going lessen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and get it dirty

They always look so nice when they are new. Take a soft bristle brush sprayed with WD-40, and wipe it down. Makes it shinny, and easier to clean after you trash it in the mud!

Hypedonrc said:
They always look so nice when they are new. Take a soft bristle brush sprayed with WD-40, and wipe it down. Makes it shinny, and easier to clean after you trash it in the mud!

where you been? havn't seen ya in a while..

All I'm running in my buggies is RGs w/ 063 pipes......they wail on technical tracks.....the only mills walking away from me consistently are P5s and V-specs.....NOTHING else (at my local track) is even coming close to pulling me....I can pull guy sw/ the RBs all day cause we have NO long straights now........that mill kicks butt IMO....I'm thinking giving back the V-spec I been saving and getting some more radio gear so all my stuff can be RTR all the time......I'm sold on RGs....I see a guy running his in a savage and he says he's got 15 gallons on it...and still has to really do any tear down on it......I usually sell mine when they hit 4 gallons and they still feel new to me....I thought you were only expected ot get about 8 gallons through a mill....I never keep them long enough to find out......

I've mostly read anywhere from 7 to 10 gallons. 15 Gallons is great! Talk about getting your money's worth... I havn't been in this hobby near long enough to go through that much fuel. I'm coming up close on my 1st gallon in my TMaxx. But it's a twin engine truck so the engines have only been through about a 1/2 gallon.

Lessen said:
where you been? havn't seen ya in a while..

Playing NFS on my PSP, and racing X-Mods. :cheers:

Hey plaid, what buggies do you have?

Back