Just ordered a 777.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotti

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys I just placed an order for a 777 at a special price now Kyosho and Ripmax have fallen out and was wondering if there is anything to look out for on this buggy? I plan to use mx3s tx and reciever with maybe a 645 steering servo and will probably go with the os v-spec (Pipe recomendations please)? Ps i didnt want a hyper cause everyone at our track has one and I wanted something different!! :smoke:

You'll need diff fluids. I've ran mine now for two weeks in almost total box stock form. Only thing aftermarket on it are a set of racers edge knuckles, and thats just because I had em saved from when I sold my k3.

the only pipe I use is the OS 2050. I've never had anything else, and have no desire to try anything else.

For sterring, I suggest buying an airtronics 358 servo, and just save yourself the hassel. it'll be the last servo you ever buy.

The 358 is great. Also look at the JP-1 pipe.

jp-2 i sbetter i think...

On servos i just orderd a 358 and 357.

What weight diff fluid should i go for at moment the track is quite muddy and which shock oil? Also ill want 5 cells will it be a hump or flat configuration? Thanks for help guys!

for your oil selection start with what the fast guys at your track are running. 5k,7k,1k is a good place to start with your diffs. but shocks are totally dependant on the individual track.

Doesn't the 777 have the LSD front diff? He may want to change that over.

yup it does, i should have been in bed instead of posting.

CorradoPsi said:
for your oil selection start with what the fast guys at your track are running. 5k,7k,1k is a good place to start with your diffs. but shocks are totally dependant on the individual track.
you got to run lsd in the lsd dif, standard replacement is trans fluid
so trans fluid front,7k,1k

Anyone know much about the 777 Kanai II ? The guy who runs my local track is selling a used one with an RB P5 WS7(I think that's the model, said it costs around $300.new),that's been moddified by a well respected local tuner & builder,has about 1 gal thru it, has AM shock towers, CVD's all the way around, Hi-tech 945 for steering and a Futaba digital servo for throttle, Crime fighters @ 95%. He's asking $500. with everything but the radio and receiver. I was going to offer $450.
Does it sound like a good deal? If I don't buy this , then I'm strongly looking at buying a TT S3 @ around $4-450. NIB, then I'll still need to buy a motor, as I already have a JR FM radio system.

There is no 777 Kanai II. There is a 777 kit or a 777 Special 1 edition kit. There is also a Mp 7.5 Kanai II, it is a nice buggy. The 777 Kanai II that he is speaking of may be a frankenstein of the Kanai II and the 777.
There is also no RB P5 WS7. There is an RB WS7 (it is a fairly good engine). I think that your offer of $450 isn't bad, but I would try to get him down to $400.
How are the internals of the engine and the diffs of the buggy? How many spare parts are included in the deal? These could make it worth the $500 he is asking. If the buggy has been around the track a few times and has signs of serious wear, I would try to talk him down more.

Sorry, I knew I was likely to get a few things messed up. It is an RB WS7, that's been modded. It is a Kanai II. There are no spare parts that he's offered. Now that you mention parts, I need to check and see if it requires a starter box, as I don't have one. All my rigs are Roto or PS.
So this doesn't sound like a GREAT deal then, just average? If I don't get this, I was looking at the TT S3. I presently own 2 Mayhem RTR's, one has been upgraded with AM parts. How does the Kanai II compare to the Mayhem? I recently installed a motor out of my Savage, a REX R528XRP 8port, it has sick power! How would the RB WS7 compare? None or close?

Sgt Blamo said:
Sorry, I knew I was likely to get a few things messed up. It is an RB WS7, that's been modded. It is a Kanai II. There are no spare parts that he's offered. Now that you mention parts, I need to check and see if it requires a starter box, as I don't have one. All my rigs are Roto or PS.
So this doesn't sound like a GREAT deal then, just average? If I don't get this, I was looking at the TT S3. I presently own 2 Mayhem RTR's, one has been upgraded with AM parts. How does the Kanai II compare to the Mayhem? I recently installed a motor out of my Savage, a REX R528XRP 8port, it has sick power! How would the RB WS7 compare? None or close?
all i can say about the kanai is it is a top line car, it is no rtr style kit
as far as the RB goes, it just one the worlds so that must say something for it, that and the fact i own 3 of them

In refferance to the RB WS7, I presume then thay have a lot of power and hold a tune well. Should the same as my REX.

Rb ws7II is what i run, they have a stack of mid to top end power, but not alot down low, which makes them very drivable, but seriously fast if you want it, tend to need a clutch that throws out later to get over the loww bottom end power though, as far as tunning, there the easiest motor I've had to tune and they hold it well

Both the buggy and the engine are nice choices. I myself am hesitant about buying used engines, but that is just me. There are some real deals to be had, and you might be on to one. If he hasn't removed the electronics yet, maybe he let you run the buggy at the track to check out the engine and handling?
The RB is a good engine, can win any race if you can drive well enough. The Kanai II is a good buggy, can win any race if you can drive well enough. I cannot drive well enough to win any race (at all, probably), however there is nothing wrong with having the best. I do not race, but have been playing with nitro buggies for about 15 years.
I would place both of the items that you mentioned in the "best" catagory. I myself have the WS7II as my back-up engine for my Kanaii III. I will be putting it in when my P-5 is ready for a rebuild. As you can see I am partial to your choices.

Thanks for the responce. I'm going to meet him at the track and test drive it before purchase. The good thing is , he runs the track, so I see him on a reguler basis. I feel it is highly unlikely he would knowingly sell me something with problems since he will see me often. I've seen it run before and it is very fast and seemed to handle exceptionaly well. When I was running my Savage at the track, I could barely make it around the track w/ out some problem or wrecking. I bought a Mayhem and spent 3 hrs of continous driving, making lap after lap my 1st time out with a buggy. Since then I've purchased my 2nd Mayhem and have cought "Buggy Fevor". My interest in the 7.5 KII is that I want something a little more radical that I can play around with. This will become "My" buggy, and I'll loan my Mayhems to my sons to drive(yeah, I'm one of those guys who've got to have the best).

Well good luck. I hope everything works out good. I have always been a Kyosho man. I recently decided to try the RB engines. I just bought a 777 Special 1 and the RB will be going in it as I just bought another backup engine. I ran OS for years until they had problems with the premature wear on their engines last year and then this year they are having problems with the bearings in the V-Spec.

mikeburgin said:
you got to run lsd in the lsd dif, standard replacement is trans fluid
so trans fluid front,7k,1k

Sorry guys i am a bit confused I am not sure what diffs it has as they are all the same (the front is no different to the back). Is a LSD the same as a torsion diff? If i need special fluid for the front diff then where can i find some as building the diffs is the first job in the instructions?

Back