whats the best air filter out there

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeburgin

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Alright guys here another dumb thread ???????
opinions please

Motorsaver man!! I like them since they have the mesh screen to help prevent dirt from coming in. I also use the pre filter on the outside too.

The new ofna. I ran both and like the ofna better...

Either one is good, at least for me. The stock ones usually are not enough, and as per my HPI RS4-3 SS, there was nowhere to put a zip-tie on it to hold it on for the high-G stuff.

Motorsaver ... tested and proven. By far, one of the more popular choices.

i notice on the motorsavers i run on my v-spec'ed storm and picco 26'ed savage the dirt seems to build up mostly at the end, where the cap pops on and off for foam access, while the rest of the filter is mostly clean. this leads me to believe just the non pre-filtered portion of motor saver filters are doing most of the filtering. i really think for 1/8 scale off-road filters styled like these

http://www.ofna.com/airFilters.html

work the best. plus I've even heard of rare occasions the cap pops off by itself on motorsavers.

alkyula said:
i notice on the motorsavers i run on my v-spec'ed storm and picco 26'ed savage the dirt seems to build up mostly at the end, where the cap pops on and off for foam access, while the rest of the filter is mostly clean. this leads me to believe just the non pre-filtered portion of motor saver filters are doing most of the filtering. i really think for 1/8 scale off-road filters styled like these

work the best. plus I've even heard of rare occasions the cap pops off by itself on motorsavers.
yeah thats what i use, pretty much a standard mugen airfilter

alkyula said:

i agree 100%

I've also seen bad wrecks where the lid to the motorsaver can pop off and out comes the foam. after that dirt has a straight shot right to your carb. those ofna's are nice, the one that came with my xray is nice, fioroni makes a similar one, GS 2 stage filters work pretty well. they are all pretty much the same design so just pick the cheaper one.

I agree and don't agree. LOL

The Motorsaver is best used when I bash in the desert where dirt is very loose and kicks up a storm. Bashing in your backyard with grass and such is easier on the filter. I actually got the mugen air filter from meganitro.com.

So far I am happy with the Motor saver. Funny I have used the Mugen filter but not the buggy. LOL

motor saver here. last year i ordered 50 replacements for like $80 and they last me for a few years.

After some research during my MBX5 build, the Fioroni airfilter was recommended to me, not only for looks, but performance as well...
Check it out here, under Fioroni parts:
www.meganitro.com

Here's mine:
done 006.jpg

Imbroken you still have the best looking prospec...

PiErow said:
Imbroken you still have the best looking prospec...

That's because it still hasn't seen fuel... lol
After the build, I got so damn busy at work, weekends were for renovations on the house, & then the snow came... But it will see DIRT soon.. I promise..
Thought I'd just get that outta the way, before I start gettin beat on...
Go easy..

Thats the way mine is...This weekend i promiss...

ImBroken said:
That's because it still hasn't seen fuel... lol
After the build, I got so damn busy at work, weekends were for renovations on the house, & then the snow came... But it will see DIRT soon.. I promise..
Thought I'd just get that outta the way, before I start gettin beat on...
Go easy..
your going to have to change your name from imbroken to I'm unused :)

mikeburgin said:
your going to have to change your name from imbroken to I'm unused :)
LMAO... Hey IMBROKEN.. Break somethin on that thing will ya? ... What am I saying mine looks similar to yours.LOL

Hey no one yells at me. I got mine at christmass and hasnt seen fuel either. Opps i dont think you guys knew. Ya imbroken use the thing...

Back