TT S3 engine options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, RobMob pushed me over the edge so I picked up my Thunder Tiger today. I have for servos 2 645MG's, good enough for now. I will run OFNA tires I picked up on sale, pin pattern. I also have a JR 310 receiver for it.

Only thing left is the engine/piep combo. I want to be ROAR legal but get an engine that is a direct drop in fit, somewhat easy to keep in tune and one that makes reliable power. However, I will trade better power for ease of tune.

For those of you who have a TT S3, what engine did you buy? Others welcome to chime in but I really want to hear about the on-the-road experience of others with the TT

O.S v spec and that t0205 pipe. I have to get the pipe i went with the jamin jp2 instead but i hear that pipe is superior.

mikeburgin:

I really don't know. Good question though. Price to me is commiserate with value. If it is a durable, tunable motor that makes a broad spectrum of power, then top dollar is ok. If it so pure race that it is easily out of tune, then the PITA factor comes in and I would rather pay less and get a slightly less than full race motor that is easier to keep in tune and will last a little longer. I guess my range is 200-350 US.

You wont see a huge performance difference with that pipe, but I agree is OS vspec is the way to go

I went with RB S5 and RB 063 pipe. It is great so far. The only thing that pulls me at the track are those damn v-specs. But we all (RB's & v-specs)tend to run together anyway.

Everyone is getting new buggys and i have yet to start mine....this weekend my mounting hardware should be here....

Revo Rancher said:
mikeburgin:

I really don't know. Good question though. Price to me is commiserate with value. If it is a durable, tunable motor that makes a broad spectrum of power, then top dollar is ok. If it so pure race that it is easily out of tune, then the PITA factor comes in and I would rather pay less and get a slightly less than full race motor that is easier to keep in tune and will last a little longer. I guess my range is 200-350 US.
what i would recomend are all up there in price, Rbws7II, Nova 421b, Os vzb v-spec, make sure it is the vspec if you gho this way, you dont want the old style vzb, all are easy to tune motors with a tonne of power, nova 421b has the most grunt but is also a little harder to tune.
as far as pipes go if you wanna get it spot on buy the manufactures pipe to go with the motor

PIeROw, don't feel bad. I bought mine today but I doubt I get to see mine for awhile. I still have to tell my wife, and she knows how much they cost and that it does not come with a motor, pipe or electronics! :violin:

Plus, she still does not know about the Hyper 7 PCR. Guess I will have to paint her another body for my...errr, her, T-Maxx. :devious:

Back