My new buggy and stuff has arrived

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
WOOT...Brown was kind to me that last couple of days.

s3.jpg

I wish. It would have been cheaper.

Sold my ofna buggy and a bunch of other crap on eBay and such to help fund the new stuff.

At least that is what I told the wife.

droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool...nice stuff dude! someday I'll get some nice stuff like that...

NIIIIICE! Is that an OS Vspec you bastard?!!! Congrats on the purchase.

OS V-Spec with the T2050 pipe and header.

Knuckles 2.0 for the tires.

hmm, i see a nice chassis, some crime fighters (guessing), an os 2050 pipe (aka "the hammer"), and an os engine id hope is a Vspec. who makes that starterbox? is it 12v motor or twin 550's? lemme know what you think of it.

just a note, JB weld around the pressure fitting and stinger of that pipe to strengthen them. those are 2 areas prone to breakage. otherwise the pipe is bullet proof.

Sportwerks makes the box and it has twin 550's.

It is my first starter box.

Is that pipe better than the jp 2?
Have fun with the build. The one thing i really like about that buggy is the center diff design. They way they mount the brakes.

Basher or racer?

as far as I know the t2050 is far superior to the JP2

I got the jp 2. I have yet to run it though... This weekend the prospec will run damnit

nice loking can't weigh to see it all toghter

OK, that's it. I'm going to go get my TT today. I'll skip getting a motor until I make up my mind, but I have new servoes ready to go along with a synth rx, so all I need is the mill and a pipe once I build it. Oh, and tires. Hmmmmm.

OK, gotta go. See if my source has them in stock. Got the same problem. How to tell wife...

Robmob- I've read that people aren't liking how the brake bias is adjustable, the're is a rod collar on both brake linkages that you're supposed to turn to adjust bias. People are saying that they are hard to grip so they are just adjusting the end collar. To make adjusting easier I took a dremel with a cutting wheel and cut grooves down the sides of the collars you're supposed to turn. 5 or 6 on each will do. Now they are easy to grip. Just something I rigged up I thought I'd share. Good luck with you're S3, obviously you're runnin with the big dogs. I got a RG and a JP-1 for mine.

Good idea. I will have to do that.

For those who don't know, This is the S3 I bought. It came with a bunch more spare parts and upgrades that the seller does not even list. My guess is about $175 worth. The listing pics do not do this ride justice. Although it apprears the person who built it definately knew what he was doing, I am going to tear it down and rebuild it to make sure all is perfect and that the diff and shock oil weights are what I want. This buggy is sweet and I can't wait to get it finished.

I still need a 12V cell for the starter box as well as a throttle servo and receiver pack.

I believe it is in violation of all decency to show such a SICK deal!!!!!
NICCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let us know how you like it. I own two Mayhems and am going to be selling one or two Revos shortly to purcahse two more buggies. I've been thinking about the TT S3. You should still have my email.

Sarge, bought my TT S3 today. Interesting how they packaged it all so neat. Frame is REAALLLLY cool! Bought mine from Nitrohouse/OFNA near my house. $519.00 plus CA tax. Gotta get yours!

I'll wait to hear how you guys like your S3's. They look sweet! I just never thought much of TT before, but from what I've seen and read, it would seem like know thier stuff.

oh ok, i know that buggy, one of the guys on the grid built it, he had that auction linked in the for sale thread. no need to tear it down rob, he knows what he's doing, just refill the shocks and diffs the way you like and run it. you did get a deal though. i remember reading the guy had somewhere around 750-800 into it.

Back