Getting Rid of Color Anodizing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
In case any of you dislike the color of your colored anodizing on your buggy it can be easily removed by dipping the part (such as a head) in oven cleaner.

REcently did this to my mayhem and the result was a very cool gun-meatal gray and looks very cool....enjoy!

Ice said:
In case any of you dislike the color of your colored anodizing on your buggy it can be easily removed by dipping the part (such as a head) in oven cleaner.

REcently did this to my mayhem and the result was a very cool gun-meatal gray and looks very cool....enjoy!
that gun metal grey colour is the over cleaner eating your aluminium

Still looks cool and runs fine...could keep the part in for less time and this would prevent the "problem"

draino works better. hit them with a buffing wheel when your done. or you could just drive the car, and let the dirt wear the color off. my prefered method anyway.

I'll stick to my sandblaster. I hate annodizing anyway. Everything get's the natural finish on my cars.

Diver6127 said:
I'll stick to my sandblaster.

What are you using as you blasting agent.... medium grade?

I'm using Fine grit glass bead. It won't pit the soft aluminum. Aluminum oxide is too harsh.

Back