Storm problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I put my s-25 in my gs storm. The clutch bell is meshing with the main gear just a little bit. How do i move the bell up so its all on the gear? The engine is as far as it will go on the mounts.

No like the gear is not far ehough up to mesh with the spur all the way its like

+l = main gear
l =bell

Seee what I'm trying to say?

Sounds like its a bit short..do you have a shim kit? Try placing as many needed behind the bell to get the mesh all the way flush with the back side of the spur.

There are two things to look at for gear mesh.
The motor will slide from side to side so the gear mesh can be adjusted. You also need to look to make sure the two gears are 100% on each other from front to rear.

Does your engine need to be moved forward or backward or from side to side to make it right?

did you leave your savage flywheel setup on it? if so, thats the problem, it needs the GS flywheel on it. add some shims behind the flywheel collet to move it forward more if needed. also ofna makes a flywheel spacer/shim kit that will take care of it no matter how out of alignment it is.

yea I'm gonna have to go with corradopsi on this. ofna's shim kit rocks. i have used it on other cars.

i'm still lost chris, whats he lookin for on this storm?

-Ult

You might have the wrong motor mounts.

The motor mounts on my storm are ajustable. If I need to move the motor from left to right, I loosen the bolts between the chassis and the motor mounts. If I need to move the motor from front to back, I loosen the bolts between the motor and the motor mounts.

Matt

UltegraSTI said:
i'm still lost chris, whats he lookin for on this storm?

-Ult

his for to aft adjustment for his engine is off.

Ya i put a 4 shoe supper maxx clutch on. I shimmed it and put on an 18t ofna big bell. Works fine now. I have that ofna shim kit.

Back