Hop-ups For Mayhem rtr?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Recently purchaces a mayhem rtr and was pondering if there were any good hop-ups u guys know about?

any info would be helpfull

Front and rear shock towers. I just replaced mine, as I bent the rear badly from landing upside down from 15 ft. Below is the link where I bought them. I also like threaded shock collars. I'm using a 5 cell Nimh hump pack for the receiver. I made a small hole in my receiver box and routed the plug for the battery and receiver so I can direct cherge my battery and plug it in directly before use, thus eliminating any potential switch problems. Check ALL your screws. The majority of them were fine, but there were a few that needed tightening. I presently own two Mayhems, one with a Hyper .21,8port and one with a Novarossi .28, 8 port.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByBrand/BrandDetail.aspx?OverallBrandID=SWK

-pro shock towers
-mugen carbon clutch shoes/ 1 mm springs
-put 16 mm screws and 4 mm locknuts at the steeringracks turning points
(not to loose them)
-mugen or GS shock boots
-a strong steering servo

Thanks guys

Link helped Alot

A question for Sgt Blamo: What kind of threaded shock collars?...and where can I purchase them, couldn't find them on horizon hobby.

On threaded shock collars, I used standard ofna 9.5 collars, as I couldn't find the Sportwerks brand available. The LST diff housing are identical, but the stock plastic Sportwerks have a better fit, I know, I just compared the two side by side and liked the way the gears fit in the stock housing better. I also just went to 40 wt in the rear shocks, as they changed the jumps at my track and my rear seemed to be bottoming out a bit.

i already have those towers! they are awsome and come with directions