O.s. V Spec MPG

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcitybadboys

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i ran purchased a vspec and a t-2050 oa pipe and ran them this past weekends race. the qualifiers were 5 minutes long and I had a good half a tank left after the race. the main was seven minutes long and i continued to do laps for another three plus minutes. is this uncommon to get this much runtime out of 1 tank? I ran a ws7II and a rb 86 pipe and didnt get nearly this much time. my temps were 205-215. it was indoors and about 55 degrees inside. thnks

I have yet to break in my v-spec...
But with my savage(stock s-25) I get a reallly long run time.

i think the savage gas tank is bigger?

yea my brother has a savage with a s-25 and he gets extremely long run times. it is kinda wierd to me also, even considering the big tank he gets really long run times.

I get good run times out of my savage with an OS 21 RG in it and a 125cc buggy tank. About 9-10 minutes or so per tank. The same goes with my Omega 21 that I modified an OS 21 RG carb to fit. I get a little longer runtime out of the OS 21 RG engine though.

yes the vspec with 2050 is known to be a "sipper" when it comes to fuel. lots of power, drivability, and economy are the strong parts of this engine. i usually see about 8+ minutes on medium sized tracks using a 086 pipe, and i know guys have gone 10+ with the 2050.

I've gone just over 11 minutes one a tank running 230ish. it doesn't use any fuel at all nowadays....of course its in a box in pieces due to a bad rear bearing going to poop. t'was a great mill for a short time and its probably my fault for not changing the bearing when i first heard there had been a few problems with them. my advice- just change it asap. ya never know when it will go and its better to be safe than sorry. i was just lucky enough to have a "guinea pig" mill waiting for service which turned out to be a little better.

Back