Starter Box Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westhall55

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey yall I'm new to the hobby and i just bought a ofna mbx pro rtr. It has the new electric start but i decided to disconect it and to with a starter box.i bouth one from hobby town today and got it home and the wheel doesn't even come close to the flywheel.i dont know if the flywheel is suppose to hang down furth or what, but it is pissing me off.It is a univeral start duratrax starter,and yes it is made for 1/8 buggies!any info? thanks

make sure that the little pegs that come with your starter box are in the right spots. when i got my first starter box, i thought that the car was supposed to sit on the little pegs. but i was wrong. the pegs are suposed to hold the car in place and the car chassis is supposed to be flat against the starter box with the pegs on the sides so it doesn't move when the starter box wheel is hitting the flywheel.

Welcome to rcnt westhall55. yupp timmys right again. the pegs just help the buggy to stay in place. good luck. I'm sure your gonna love rcnt. have fun

Take off the electric start and the two-inch thick shim stack between the motor and mount. The shim is to clear the electric start, but it raises the flywheel up too high.