my hyper 7 pbs pics!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytimmy14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok guys i finally figured this out... here it is...

my hyper jumping over my friend clifford and my little brother. (the small one is my brother and the one in the blue sweatshirt is clifford)...
jumpingoverpeoplecopy.jpg

my friend nick climbed a tree and got aerial shots of my hyper in the air. it looks pretty cool...(thats me driving)
nickinthetreeaerialshotcopy.jpg

nick got another cool pics of behind the buggy in the air...
rearflyingviewcopy.jpg

we stacked 3 kickers and launched my buggy off of them.
triplejumpcopy.jpg

hopefully this works...sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken on a cell phone

Timmytimmy looking good. Ordering my hyper on monday! So excited!!! ill make a post when i get it with some pics. I can't wait to fire her up. Looks like its runnin like a champ. You still running the stock 8p? HAve any hop ups or still bone stock? keep the pics comming.

:tank:

hey ofna buggy basher... you will be so happy with your hyper just like i am. my hyper is actually bone stock. the only thing i feel that needs to be upgraded is the radio system. I'm still saving up my lunch money.

I think our gonna be going hungry for a long time. When i get mine tuned and running consistant i gonna buy the .063 pipe, airtronics mx3s, and a hitec 645 mg for my steering servo. the throttle servo is pretty good and i dont think it will really make that much of a difference.

P.S. tell nick my favorite pic was when he climbed the tree. lol :hammer:

Tell you guys one thing, change the servo asap. The other stuff can wait but that steering servo is a big freaking turd. I've got a hyper and the first thing I did was take it out. It will make all the difference in the world believe me!

Thanks vb. Sounds good. I got the hyper fever!!

I just started break in on mine today. The thing was a bitch to start and keep running I got it now.

hmm... mayhem that is wierd. break in for mine was not bad at all. the first tank was kinda hard. but after that everything went smoothly. guess what guys!! i just got myself a hitec 645mg servo from tower. I'm gonna be fine now for a while, or until i get enough money to get a new radio.

Well yeah same here after the first tank everything was good. I've done 3 now and the rest couple will be for another day. It was the inital start of the engine that had me angered.

Way to go timmy. your next upgrade should probably me a nice fm radio system. i would recommend the airtronics mx3s if you have the money or the mx3 which is a little cheaper. can't wait to get mine. I'm prob gonna order from rush rc. Hey do you guys have the pullstart on your engine? thanks.

yea mine came with the black head and the pullstart. yea I'm definatley gonna go with airtronics becuase i have had good experiences with them in the past. and also, with the starter box that it comes with, make sure you get at least 3000 mah packs for it. i tried it with 1500 mah packs and it was very weak, barely turned my motor over. the 3000 mah packs give the starter box much more power.

Last edited:
Did you see a big difference when you switched batteries? Was is able 2 turn the motor over without a problem during break in with the 3000mah batteries?

the starter box even with the 3000 mah batteries might have some trouble turning the motor over during break in, but i am not absolutley positive becuase i have never tried it. i used the pull starter for break in. but after break in, the starter box turns over the motor quite well with the 3000 mah batteries. the 1500 batteries and the 3000 mah batteries are almost no comparison. the 3000 mah batteries give much more torque to turn the motor over. i use the 3000 mah battery packs from radioshack. they are 35 dollars each, and they are great batteries.

I have a purple head with the pullstart.

with that POS starter box I use jumper cables direct to my 1:1 car battery. Don't have to worry about the charge and it works better!

vbgagnon, the starter box is actually not that bad. with a nice set of batteries the starter box works fine. and its light because its like, a hard plastic or something.

The thing was a bitch to start and keep running I got it now.

Yeah, that first time is real tough. I loosened the GP 1/2 turn until I got it started. Once I had it broken in I can start it in 3-4 pulls.

I also bought the MX3-S Tx. Great Tx for the price. 167.00 with two servoes and the Rx. Bought couple of other brand name Synth Rx's for my other cars and now I can run all my rigs off of one Tx.

vbagnon:

What is so bad about the steering servo? I have two 645mg's new in the box I was saving for the steering on the T-Maxx and one as a spare. Hate to use it on the Hyper PCR as so far I have not had any issues with the steering servo.

(p.s.-how's that track coming?)

timmy have you ever used a real starter box (not the cheap ofna one)? Believe me that thing is a POS. Once you get a good box with a good motor you will side with me.

vbgagnon, i have been into this hobby for 4-5 years now, i can assure you that i have used a "real" starter box, and that i DO in fact know what I'm talking about. and honestly, i dont care if i "slide" with you. so as i said before. IF YOU USE GOOD BATTERIES THE STARTER BOX WORKS FINE!! and its lightweight, so you can have fun lugging around the heavy metal starter box while i carry around the light hard plastic one.

Last edited:
Back