Engine Mounts for .21 RG & Mayhem RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Network

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,

I just purchased an O.S. .21RG and the the engine mounts that came off of my Sportwerks .26 hold the engine up too high for the starter box to hit the flywheel. What kind of engine mounts can I get for this thing?

Travis

Most mounts now are the lower ones....pretty much every company that makes them should have a lower mount available.....I use the GS Storm or the OFNA CnC ones......or get real fancy and see if the Muden monomount thing will fit your buggy...helps reduce chassis flex....

I was thinking that I had to have a Sportwerks engine mount, but now that I don't that is certainly a relief! heheh

Travis

I have tried various engine mounts at 3 different hobby shops. It looks like the only engine mount I can use is the one made by Sportwerks :( I am trying to find more information on the 2 that is offered other than RTR and Non-RTR.

Travis

just order a pro motormount, but it is out off stock right now at horizon

just take care , they come sometimes with the holes of one block to near to the middle ; so the motor can't be mounted

a mugen one-piece mount can be fixed to mount onto the mayhem
: the front holes of mount and motor should be alright
but the holes at the rear must be re-drilled and re-tapered

Back