I need steering help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi11

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I take off my buggy goes straight as an arrow and after about 10-15 yards it starts to turn hard to the right. What is that a symptom of?

Could be bad batteries, or a problem with your receiver.
If the batteries are new, change them anyway and see what happens.
If you still have the problem, check to see if the crystals are in tight.
Then check to see if the Antenna has any cuts in it.
If all else fails, it may be your servo.
Was anyone else running with or near you?

no it wasn't I have a rs300 modulated receiver and my battery pack was fresh.

its called glitching, there is another thread in this buggy forum about this issue right now.

the trim could be off try adjusting it to the left just a lil

I don't think its a radio problem I think its some type of car setup problem, but I don't know what it is. Every aspect of the car works fine I have total control it just always veres of to that one side.

If it "pulls" to the side then you need to look at bearings, Diffs, axles (as I recently discovered) and toe/ camber adjustments....if you actually see the wheels turn then it's more radio issue stuff....what exactly is yours doing, Pull like the car just seems to get more power to the left side and it kind of crabwalks to the right or do the wheels turn....

I would have to say crabwalk to the side because the wheels are not turning they are still pointing straight. I did just change the diff fluid for the first time but I don't know what I might have done wrong that would cause this.

i had a simular prob on my son's xxxnt last weekend. he would be racing and it would just turn hard left. it did this most of the first heat. changed servo and still did it. recharged pack and did it a little less. worked on it for all 3 heats and still did not totally fix it. in the main it ran fine. it did the same thing at a race prior to this one. so to cure it i am getting a Mx3s radio, new batt, and new 358 servo(was using a jr 590, and am radio JR2i) glitching sucks LOL

bigboi11 said:
When I take off my buggy goes straight as an arrow and after about 10-15 yards it starts to turn hard to the right. What is that a symptom of?

this is what leads me to belive glitching. if the car drives straight when close to you and then as your driving away it vears hard to one side, it sounds to me as if the steering servo is moving whether your telling it to or not. if you drive slowly away from you instead of full throttle does it behave differently? does the amount its turning vary with throttle input? these would indicate a problem with the car itself and not the radio system.

well I guess thats were I am getting people confused its not that hard of a turn but it is constant

then its a chassis problem, look for shot bearings, bent cvd/universals/dogbones, binding diffs, anything out of alignment. is this something it does on any surface or just pavement?

bigboi11 said:
well I guess thats were I am getting people confused its not that hard of a turn but it is constant

Thats a different story all together.
Corado and Plaidfish, I think have it right.

If it is a diff or a bearing is there a way to isolate what the problem to figure out wich one it is.

bigboi11 said:
no it wasn't I have a rs300 modulated receiver and my battery pack was fresh.

There is an issue with the RS300 receivers. My LHS had mine changed out to a RS310. Mine would go straight and then all of a sudden turn left. Unfortunately it did it and my Mayhem went straight into a block wall, breaking my front left shock shaft and bending the two rear shafts as well. I thought the rear ones bending was weird, but I haven't even jumped the car yet as I'm still trying to break-in and tune the thing. anyway, look into changing the receiver.

Back