Stupid glitching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgibbens

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was driving my 10th tank through my Mayhem today. The stupid thing glitches whenever I go WOT. It will just turn left or right. I nailed a block wall at almost full throttle :doh:, I barely was able to apply the brake before it hit, which didn't slow it down much if at all. This car is tough though, all I broke was the left front shock. I have a JR XS3 radio with a RS300 receiver, soon to be a RS310. The guy at the local Hobby Town said that he's been having problems with the same receivers in LSTs lately. He called Losi and one person admitted having a problem and that they're changing our the RS300s for RS310s, that's why I'm getting one soon. So, I had the LHS guy call JR/Horizon Hobbies and they've sent me the RS310. I'm hoping this will fix my problems. Anyone else have any other suggestions on glitching prolems?

I try to eliminate as much metal-to-metal contact as I can. One area is the break rods/linkage. On my Storm the rods go through a metal hoop with metal stop at the ends. There is alot of rubbing going on during driving as well as all the vibrations coming from the engine. This can cause free-running or spurious frequencies that can attribute to some gliching. Either tape, heatshrink or rubberize the linkage rods and insulate them. Every little bit helps.

I actually had the same exact problem with the XS3 I had in my MBX5. Full throttle glitching no matter what I did. I've since put a DSM on my R1 and took out the XS3, and have had no more glitches. Your post makes me believe there is definately something going on with these receivers. I love JR products, but I sure have been having a lot of servos bad right out of the box lately.....and now the XS3 receiver? sheesh :rolleyes:

i have the xs3 pro and when i lost about 1 inch of my receiver antenna I had a similar problem. I would accelerate and after about 25 feet it would glitch for a few feet and then it would be ok. but everytime at about the same distance it would glitch for a few feet.

i have the JR pro also in mbx5. the only time mine glitched was when the receiver pack was low or it had a short. i now run a failsafe after my first glitch runaway.

the rs300's are known to have glitching problems. they just dont like some cars. nitro's and electrics with graphite chassis's are the most prone to problems.

I've had my RS300 receiver switched out for a RS310. The steering doesn't glitch anymore, at least not during the tank I ran yesterday, but the throttle servo seems to be glitching slightly. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Now my problem is my mayhem will flame out if I drive at half throttle. It just shuts off like it ran out of gas. When I check the fuel line, there's no gas in them, but the tank is half full. It's like the tank isn't getting pressurized .

From what I've seen, the Spektrum doesn't work with the JR XS3. Should've got a M8.

Back