what pipe? Hyper .21 8-Port Race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmason9

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to get the Hyper .21 and I am not sure which tuned pipe to get. Can anyone offer any suggestions.

Go with the ofna .063 that will give you great all around power... if you want all top end go with the .086..and the .053 for a lot of low end

I'm using the purple savage tuned pipe on my PCR buggy and so far pretty happy with it, but then again I've only got about 5-6 tanks of fuel through the engine too.

-Michael

WoodiE said:
I'm using the purple savage tuned pipe on my PCR buggy and so far pretty happy with it, but then again I've only got about 5-6 tanks of fuel through the engine too.

-Michael
Damn Woodie..How long have you had that Pcr now?

WoodiE said:
Almost a year.

-Michael
Damn I wish there were some sort of equal istance for everyone to meet up oncce a year to meet and bash together. Man that would be one hell of a gathering.

i run a h8 race engine with jammin jp-1, ofna alum blue shoes, mugen springs, 13th clutch bell on my new hyper 7 tq and it rocks.

Does it matter who makes the pipe or is it just about the size?

I just picked up another Mayhem with a Hyper .21 8 port. Any advice on this motor. Is it a good one, any tuning tips. I've heard that they had problems with the carbs.

Sarge, I'll tell you one thing, it is damn tight motor. Hard to get it started the first time. I loosened the plug a quarter turn so I could turn it over. Once you get it running be sure to leave the piston in BDC when off and cooling. Otherwise, good luck!

get ya a ofna 063 pipe it is a sweeeeeeet pipe or get a 053 pipe if its a short track and a 086 if its a large track but i like the 063 all aroubnd good pipe

the hyper 8 port motor just dotn have a good bottom end u need the 053 to get some more bottom end out of it but after u get it rolling its a good motor after u get it up in the rpm's

i got that motor, but mine has the "boost chamber" thingy on it...

it is a freakin on-off screamer...is too much for me..i am putting a thinder tiger pro 21 (rip off clone of RG) on it for the little tracks around here...

i was mucho surprised at how easy mine was to tune and doubly surprised at how freakin hard it was to start..i had to go to 14.4 volts in the starter box...

i am impressed..have seen no evidence in my case, of a bad carb...the thing is just a screamer...but mine is the pico/ofna motor if that makes any difference

Back