which motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytimmy14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want a new motor for my buggy, i was thinking about either the top p5, or the rb s5. which one is better, i am actually leaning more towards reliability and easy tuning becuase i want to drive my car instead of tuning it. i hear that they are both good engines and i did my research on both of them and still can't decide which one to get.

both are equal for quality and longevity, but for tuning ease i would lean towards the P5. its got a lot of bottom end and lends itself well to pretty much any clutch you may have. RB motors are more clutch and pipe sensitive than Nova based motors.

CorradoPsi is dead on and I agree with his recommendation...........

BTW Corrado I run a GT28 on my A4 1.8t.............

Are those the only 2 you are looking at? From what I have read the Collaris are really nice.

Rustler,is it a Avant?

you dont need a new motor, u just got that buggy. run the stock motor and enjoy it. what your lookin at are race motors. and unless u wanna keep taking them in and out when your not racing and just practicing or runnin around your yard....i'd rethink.

you dont NEED a new (ie faster) motor. work w/what you have right now. be surprised how much faster you can be when your not grossly overpowered.

-Ult

I've been using RGs and I think if you tune it right they are better than the competitive motors when they're being driven by beginers looking to get faster by adding HP than improving driving skill......I bought a V-spec but I'm gonna wait til I think I'm ready for that kind of HP before I run it....that also gives me more time to get familiar w/ all the set up features of buggies...amazing what changing your toe in or out by 1deg can do......HP is not the answer to all RC problems most issues are w/ chassis setups in the first place.......besides what buggy do you want to replace the engine in? I hope you're not expecting to drop one of those mills into a mayhem RTR or Storm and expect it to last.......get the chassis setup down first then go for HP.....

RustlerDood said:
BTW Corrado I run a GT28 on my A4 1.8t.............

.57 T04E/.48stg1 T3 w/Inconel wheel on a 2033cc 16VT

Back