Wheel adapter for t-maxx type wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know of an adapter that will take a 17mm to whatever a t-maxx is? I could have swore I saw them at new era, but now I can't find them.

I'm in the process of getting a HB Lightning (showing up tomorrow) and I know I'm going to want MT tires on it. I have a nice light set of IMEX tires that I will use. They are on t-maxx rims.

Any links would be apreciated.

I think Olds97_lss mans 23mm hes is trying to make it so he can put monster truck tires on his buggy, do any of u guys know how to do this or have any info on this? Thanks

I believe Pro-Line now makes 23mm hex adapters for buggies so you can throw on their new 23mm hex MT wheels. They're similar to the ones that they designed for monster trucks. Hold on, I'll find linky and picky....

6034-03.jpg

You can find them by going to www.pro-lineracing.com. They're featured on the first Pro-Line page.

Maybe i told Olds97 right, Oh yeah i did, they are 17mm. Is putting truck tires on a buggy jsut basically turning it, into a truggy? also i did a search and heard there is a 150$ conversion kit, but that turning a buggy into a truggy can cause problems with the drive shafts and diffs. Sorry olds97 jsut trying to get u more info on the stuff u want to do.

there are 14mm conversions try JTracing I know they make some for the truggy kits...you should be able to get the hex hubs separately...

Maybe I'll leave it as it is... Looking at that pro-line thing really makes me thing it would put a ton of stress on the pivot point for the front and bearings all around. I guess that's what my savage is for ;)

Plaidfish said:
buggy is to track, as Savage is to ......

everywhere else...

I know, I know... I'll leave it as it is. It will be nice to have something that doesn't end up on it's roof because of a sharp turn.

I've hardley use my MTs anymore since I started going to the track w/ buggies.....I'm hooked....I'd still like to finish my 2 project MTs I got goin on...but if it means losing track time then forget it.....I already had to give up the last 2 monday nites to teach a class, Next monday is the last one.....mondays are the best nites cause hardly anyone is there.......You getting a RTR or do you still need stuff to get up and running?.....do yourself a favor and get a set of road tires so you can use it off the track too....I got a set of used beat on tires and they lasted all of 15 mins....the road rages last and it's cool to race friends MTs on the road and run circles around them....

It's not a RTR. I have electronics, engine/flywheel/clutch/cb and exhaust that need installed. I think I have everything I need to get it going.

I was curious about what tires last longest. I run on grass, concrete skatepark, construction sites. That's kind of why I was leaning toward doing the MT tire setup as I have 5 different sets for my savage and they last a long time depending in the tread pattern and maker of the tire.

I don't have a track. Basher only.

man you are screwed....in your case I'd go w/ some panther komodo hard compound.....they'll last longer on the dirt surfaces....NO BUGGY TIRE (that I've seen) last long on concrete except road rages.....if your looking for more clearance get the OFNA 17mm truggy rims and the Panther MT cheater tires...they're smaller than regular MT tires but bigger than buggy tires they will also let you run on the existing hubs and not be too rough on your drivetrain.....than you'll just have one bad buggy bashin machine......I'd set the suspension to full height as well....you really want to try and get that thing on a groomed track though....I alway sthought it was a limiting way to run an RC but man it is way more fun than running in fields and Construction sites.....well maybe not more than const. sites...

Could I bother you for a tower part# for the rims and possible a link to the panther tires?

I'm not even sure what to look for... first buggy.

THe only track I have is like a construction site. Very poorly maintained and it's also very clichy from what I understand. It has weeds and crap all over it. I went there once to buy fuel and the owner seemed pissed that I was buying fuel and not paying to race there.

I thought paying the $35 for the gallon of 25% byrons was more than payment enough!

Actually, I found these: 1/8 Stadium Tires and 1/8 Stadium Wheels

They are only 2.5mm wider at the rim and 12.5mm wider at the rubber. I think they are 1/2 inch taller as well. So they shouldn't put to much extra strain on things and the tires look a little more durable for different surfaces than normal buggy tires.

Last edited:
those look nice i wish i would have gotten thos when i owned it lol, those look sweet good stuff.

hey if u typen in ''17mm Wheels'' there are tons of options for u, Thats awesome, have fun with it when u get it.

Back