no center diff oil?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcitybadboys

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what would happen to the cars acceleration/handling with no center diff oil.

eventually your center diff would seize up and you'd have full time posi 4WD I think

or wosre you would strio the gears and have no time no wheel drive :)

Before any damamge occured. When the weight transferred to the rear accelerating the front would spin and acceleration would be much slower.Handling would also suffer as the weight would tranfer and allow more power to be sent to the wheel with the least amount of traction. Handling in itself may be better but much slower and could get he same with oil and just going slower.

mikeburgin said:
or wosre you would strio the gears and have no time no wheel drive :)
LMAO! I would at least try the common set ups and then see what you want to change from there. THink of this center diff as a tranny on your car. No Lubrication + friction= seized diff due to heat= empty wallet.

a friend of mine went to a race last weekend and his car was acting funny so we changed the rear from 3000 to 1000 and messed with the shock set up. when he got home he realized he never put any diff oil in the center diff. it survived three qualifiers and two mains. it had trouble getting rear traction.

may da shwartz be wit yooooouuuuuuuuuuuu.............

the diff will last for a little while without oil. you could put grease in if you want and it would last just as long as with oil. however power transfer and handling will both suffer. the car will feel darty off power and push like mad on power.

Back