Starter box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone got instructions to mounting two stick cells in a starter box? I know you can do it and it makes it lighter/more effiecent.

you just need a connector that combines the 2 batts into one out let.....I think towers or your LHS should have it.....the down side to the double packs is they don't last as long as a gel cell or even better a marine battery.......

If you have really good stick packs they last longer...
Got a link or a digram?

you'll get more juice but I don't beleive they last longer.......I found the best thing to to is get a marine battery for like 25 bucks at BOW.....and you can let all your friends run boxes off that battery all weekend long.....
this is similar to what you need but you need one that's in series
http://www.southeastrc.com/item/ABC8009

Ok i will do the marine bat. Do you have a link to the pproper hook ups>
I dont like jump start type cords because its too easy to knock them off of the box pick ups.

to use an external marine battry I made a cable w/ the little terminal clips and a bannana plug on the other end to just plug into the jacks on the box....that seems to stay in place very good.....I just leave a butt load of wire so I'm not stuck w/ one place I can put it on the pit table.....in fact I usually put it under the table on a milk crate...here's a wiring diagram for the 2 packs
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7827
if you want longevity use the external battery.....if you want light and know your buggy starts quick and you won't have to sit it on the box too long do the 2 pack setup....the external batter you do need to have clips for the terminal posts unless you get ones like you use in cars and screw it on....the plugs are pretty secure so the shouldn't come out of the box...just be careful you don't let them touch when your taking it all apart..

WOW. That diagram is exactly what i wanted. I have two 3600 stick packs and am picking up a marine batt. I will let you know which is better. For the money the marine batt definantle...

I guess I should charge OFNA for the job of doing their wiring schematic for them....if you got one w/ your box I hear they suck biguns.....if no then you can use mine.....I mean it was so hard took all of 10 mins to do both of them......why can't manufacturers get thteir poop together and just give simple directions

Ok I'm charging the marine batt now. It cost me 50 bucks...

you probably won't need to charge it for a month if you're box is set up right and no-one else uses it....

i got 2 flat pack in my 1/10 scal box i can tell u how to do it or post pic's if your want me to