EB4 S3- What are these o-rings for????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Building Diffs:

I got 2 types of o-rings here and I can't figure out where one type goes. There's six of one size and six smaller ones. The first size is obvious cuz it's in the directions, (between the main gear or drive cup and the shim). But the instructions don't show anything about this other size o-rings. Any ideas??

also, I can't find any use for these anywhere else in the instructions.

figures....

It figures...

I stare at these damn instructions for 45 minutes. then 10 seconds after I post the question I figure it out. No thanks to the instructions though. Well, just in case anybody ever needs to know. The smaller o-rings go around the insert portion of the outdrives, there is a groove for them. The instructions do not point this out.

welp, chalk up another dumb thread for me.

SEE! I told you it would take long! :nono: jeez....

So sad really. Are you sure you can handle a 1/8 buggy? :D

NCNitro said:
I know what they are not for... The one way bearing and the shaft. :D

Sorry man, I had to do it.

I think I just pissed my self LMFAO

Lessen said:
The smaller o-rings go around the insert portion of the outdrives, there is a groove for them.
The above quote should give you the info you are looking for.
Hope you found it helpful.

what oil set up are you putting in them?

I love this place. Nowhere else could I possibly get better support :)

comp75- 5000 all around. I figure it's a good starting point since this is all new to me.

Good luck finishing your new toy. The small o-rings were in the mugen directions...

i started with 5-5-5 and it like to come around a bit on my local track. I am now at 5-5-2 and it is a lot better. I may move up to 7 in the center for the next race. I need all this overtime to pay for my hobbies but now I don't have time for my hobbies. lol that is life.

PiErow said:
Good luck finishing your new toy. The small o-rings were in the mugen directions...

Thanks. :) Everything has gone together really smooth so far. Diffs and bulks are done. Center diff and brakes are done. I just got home from work so I'm gonna go shower then start bolten this stuff to the chassis.

Back