What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi11

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I use my starter box sometimes it works great and sometimes I tear up the wheel. What am I doing wrong that is making me damage the wheel so much?

sound like you need line your pins up so your buggy sits on top of the box right. any missalignment will cause the wheel to grind on the chassie..

The other thing I notice guys do is to rotate the flywheel so it is at BDC, then they line up the wheel, start the box, then quickly shove the car and flywheel into place. That makes for minimum wear on the starter wheel, and quick starting.

Just wondering what is a starter box I know what a :n00bie: question lol I know it starts nitro vehicals but how?

Last edited:
Jesse you put your buggy on top of it. there is a rubber wheel in the box that makes contact with the fly wheel on your buggy and turns it over fast.

ofnp1250.jpg

I see thats cool do they only make them for buggys?

no you can use them on st and on road cars any thing you have accsese to the fly wheel..Even the revo you can mod a box that will work...

4169buggy_on_box-med.jpg

That cool thanks for the lesson :) It alway nice to learn new things

Sorry to tell you jesse but you can't bump start a T-maxx....

What is bdc? It is lined up right because the spot i'm messing up is square in the middle of the wheel.

BDC.....Bottom Dead Center. That puts the piston at the bottom of the stroke so it gets a running start before going against the compression.

BDC = befor top dead center meaning that when you go to start your buggy roll your mill over by hand so the piston is at the very bottom of the stroke..

Do the boxes have to warm up or is it just easier after a while because my car is warmed up. After my car has been running it cranks it up in less than a secound.

What mill do you have? is it new are you breaking it in? because breaking in a new high compression engine will cause a lot of drag on the starter box.. OH and what box do you have??

I have a hyper 7 and it is the stock ofna starter box it is three weeks old but I have a gallon through it.

bigboi11 said:
I have a hyper 7 and it is the stock ofna starter box it is three weeks old but I have a gallon through it.

OK now that shedes some lite on this!!!
that box sucks sorry but you are lucky it even works for you IMO ditch it and get a good box!

And if you need a new wheel LMK I smashed mine with a sledge hammer but the wheel serived!

So what boxes are good boxes how can you tell. I don't just want to get one that costs alot and assume that means its good.

bigboi11 said:
So what boxes are good boxes how can you tell. I don't just want to get one that costs alot and assume that means its good.

sorry i dont any starterbox experience yet so i can't anser your question

but your statment made me smile ..... i think thats the best advice for anything in life :)

Back