buying 1/8 buggy ????????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stang

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking in to buying a 1/8 buggy .And would like to know if the OFNA ultra mbx r2 is a goob buggy ? I dont have a lot of money to spend but i can swing this one. I dont need a radio for it i just got a futaba 2pl . Is there anything i should know about this buggy and is there alot i can do to this buggy?

thanks

scott

This is definitly a shamelss plug but you should just buy my PCR pro as you have a radio. The Ultra MBX is a good platform to get you in the scene but the competiotion level is not the highest. Durablity ....not that confident but again it will get you in the scene to help you figure out what you want and to help you get acquantaited with the 1/8 th scale. Good luck and let us know what you get!!

I'm with jon on this one. The hyper series from ofna are great. Wether we plan on racing or bashing these buggies will get the job done.

jon2 said:
This is definitly a shamelss plug but you should just buy my PCR pro as you have a radio. The Ultra MBX is a good platform to get you in the scene but the competiotion level is not the highest. Durablity ....not that confident but again it will get you in the scene to help you figure out what you want and to help you get acquantaited with the 1/8 th scale. Good luck and let us know what you get!!

I would definately consider buying Jon2's PCR Pro. Definately a nice setup compared to the Ultra MBX. Just a thought...
Good luck with your choice...

hyper line indeed. i love the GS storms, but til u get to a pro (or upgrade urs to 1) will u have a real tank of buggy that will be very durable.

buggies are not somethin u wanna try and get in on the cheap.

-Ult

btw, i wouldnt trust an AM radio w/a buggy. go get an mx3 FM for just under 100bux.

-Ult

yea dont use a AM radio for a buggy, i use one for my hyper and i have al kinds of glitching problems and it is just a hassle. as soon as i get enough money i am upgradeing to a nice airtronics FM system.

mark me down for the ofna hyper series :hammer: the hyper is a :tank:

thanks for the help guys i will let you know what i get

Ofna Hyper7,PBS,RTR, $389.00 shipped on ebay. Good buggy, junk radio. I own two Mayhem RTRs, and highly recommend them, excellent vehicles! I paid $340.00 shipped (used, in excellent shape).

its hard to go against that buggy, highly impressed by it.

-Ult

I too would suggest taking a close look at Jon2's buggy. It would be a great set up.

As for the radios, I run a MX-A which is the AM version of the MX-3 and I have had no problem what so ever. I have never had a runaway with it.

Naturally I am biased because I own one, but I really like the Hyper 7 PCR RTR. Good rig for the money. I dumped the stock AM radio and put in a MX3-S set up.

revo rancher how do you like your mx3-s. i have also got my eye on that for my nice fm radio when the time comes. Does it control your buggie well? Hows the synthesised. Is it worth the extra money over the mx3 with the crystals? Also what servos are you running in hyper?

i have a 3 month old ultra comp w/ less the 5 tanks on it. Cheap. lol

Yet another shameless plug.

i ordered my buggy today from rushrc i got the ofna ultra lx comp rtr i should have it by thursday or friday