Wheels and Tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Network

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hrm...why did it asterik out r c m a r t . c o m ?

They're in China, so I wont be buying from them.

oops didn't notice. Are rims universal though? So if I find some black ones that I like online will they fit? Or do I have to get ones that specific to the Mayhem? Also, what insert/tire would you suggest?

Travis

The Sportwerks Mayhem uses any rim with a 17mm hex. There are plenty to choose from.. I would recommend anything from Proline... Quality stuff... :)

Sorry to dig up this thread again, but I have a few questions since I am sitting here buying the rims/tires rightnow..

Rims: Ofna Hyper rims in black
Tires: Proline Crime Fighter XTR
Inserts: What kind?

Will the crime fighter tires fit onto the hyper rim?

I chose Impact Firm White 1/8th Front/Rear for my inserts from Pro-Line.

Also, what bodies will fit the mayhem? I don't see any bodies designed for it yet. Will any of the crowd pleazer bodies fit?

I've bought stuff from rc mart before. It took just under 2 weeks to ship and the tracking was horrible.

The dude at the post office looked at me funny as all the writeing in the box was foreign but my address.

I am ordering from stormerhobbies.com -- I would rather not deal with shipping over seas hehehe

good man......only you can prevent foreign market purchasing....Only you

Network, you may want to check out Ace Hobbies as well. They have a sale on OFNA tires and pre-mounted tires/wheels until the end of this month. I picked up a set of pre-mounted tires/wheels for 9.99 pair.

As to the body question, I have no ideas for you.

I got my last 3 sets tires and wheels off Ebay. Usually I pay about 22 bucks for 4 tires mounted on rims. Usually, these are from parted-out RTRs, but for practicing and tuning, they can't be beat. But you can't be picky on selection,
hhen I wanted a set of Badlands, I had to buy those at the LHS.

I definitely would like a new body to go with my new black rims/tires..The Mayhem RTR body is cool, but there are quite a few Mayhems out there now..

I believe the Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer for the MP 7.5 will fit the Mayhem. I'll have to look again but it had been mentioned on a couple other site that it fits very well.

Back