hyper 7 tq kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx125

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just order the hyper 7 tq kit, is this thing any good or did i wasted my $?, i just wanted a good basic plattform to upgrade. any comments on this kit?

all u want from the RTR, pick ur motor and radio sys.

good route if u ask me.

-Ult

i have a h8 port race w/jp-1 pipe, futaba magnum racer radio w/hitech servos + white dish wheels w/komodo II tires, waiting @ home.
how good is the c-hub?, i have pbs suspension on my other buggies.

Last edited:
your hyper is gonna rip man. nice setup.

i hope becuase my wife is gonna rip my head off if i keep spending money on buggies.

Way to go you bought a great buggy. What engine do you plan on putting in it?
If i may ask how much did you pay for the kit? timmy has the hyper7 pbs rtr and he really likes it. My pbs wount be here till may 5th. Congrats on you purchase I'm sure your gonna love it.

i have a h8 port race w/os 20E carb, jp-1 pipe, futaba magnum racer radio w/hitech servos + white dish wheels w/komodo II tires, i paid $267. after shipping and handling, i should have the buggy by Monday.

here is one of my current buggies
http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=50572

Last edited:
mx125 said:
how good is the c-hub?, i have pbs suspension on my other buggies.

I run the pbs on my buggy and it is tough as nails, but then I only bash. I hear that the C-hub is more responsive during competitive racing.

i never had c-hub, i hope it is easy to tune, how durable are they? i don't have big jumps on my track.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be fine with the c-hub. I'm sure it is not any harder to tune a c-hub then a pbs setup. i personally run pbs in my buggy (hence the hyper 7 PBS...)

the buggy will be here tomorrow, i need to get it up and running by sat morning, is the body pre-painted on this thing?

I got a TQ two weeks ago as my first buggy. I've had a Savage for a while. I put a brand new JR synth radio in it, then being impatient, took the STS.28 out of my truck and dropped it in. The thing rips. It is SOOO fast with that motor. Unfortunatly the PS on that engine broke AGAIN! So I put the OS.21RG I ordered for it. I'm breaking it in now.

Its a great kit. The instructions I got were from a different kit. My directions had the PBS front end but the kit has king pins.

Last edited:
after the first test drive @ my track all i can say is hell yes!!!, it handles the turns sweet, the engine puts out plenty power, .21 hyper 8 port race w/20E os carb, jp-1 pipe, 13th c/bell, ofna alum blue shoes w/mugen springs, the suspension was perfect with the ofna 9.5 blue shock springs, for pics look at the link above.

Back