Kyosho Half8 Video

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the buggies in the video are running in stock, out-of-the-box trim, then I think it's one sweet little ride. I have a Mini-T and we all know they had terrible suspension and power right out of the box. But if the Half8's run that good on day 1, then I think it will be a winner. It seems to handle pretty good for a small car. Hopefully there will be some reviews soon enough to give us an idea.

I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...I want...
did I mention I want one

Hey Plaid, don't deny it, you know you want one......

in the video, one is completely stock, and the other has the optional oil filled shocks.

Hm..they both seemed to handle pretty well. That's a good sign. I'll have to wait and see when they come out. Did I hear they are running a standard 540 sized motor? I'm interested in the ESC specs then (motor limits, voltage limits) to see how much they can be hopped up with stock electronics. A couple more weeks should really reveal a lot...

I would get one but drop in a Mamba brushless and let the tiny thing rip!!!

well since I'm getting one, I've looked into some of the specs on it. the esc will handle at least 9.6v and it runs a 380 motor. the mamba will bolt right in, but unless you get the 4200kv system, you will need to run about an 11T pinion.

I want one, but I think $250 is a bit steep, especially when you're going to have to upgrade the shocks.

CorradoPsi said:
in the video, one is completely stock, and the other has the optional oil filled shocks.
damn it would be nice to speak jap :)
damn things handle like there on rails

woa... i have to get one of those....

no you dont understand... i really need to get one of those.

I now know how it feels to want and not get.......
are they offering a pro kit version as well?

I've read rumors of a kit version. but absolutly nothing has been substantiated about it. the RTR will hit the market first, with some really trick hopups following at the end of april. stuff like CNC'd shocktowers and carbon fiber pieces from the pics I've seen already. i WILL be getting one as soon as they are out. funds are waiting at the bank.

corrado your going to have to start a new thread just so your garaged sig fits LOL

heh, i like my toys, what can i say. ill also be adding a Clodbuster for my son in june, he'll be getting it for his birthday (5)

you must have a nice wife, mine made me sell off 3 cars,6 motors, almost all my spare radio stuff, my planes and helis, basically everything but my mbx5prospec and my mrx4

when i say "what wife" all is explained.

Ahhhh, if i said what wife, id probably be saying what mbx5 and mrx as well

Well I'll let you all work out the bugs and then I'll ask for one for Christmas.

well guys I've ordered mine already, tower is taking orders by phone only at this time. they are considered "backordered" with no concrete eta, but kyosho is still holding to thier april 1st.

i used discount code 010c1 and got mine shipped for $163

heres the rest of the info you will need:

White and Blue H8 Kyosho # 30121T1 Tower # KYOD98 xx
Yellow and Blue H8 Kyosho # 30121T2 Tower # KYOD99 xx

In the xx you will need to put your chrystal number. These are....

(at this time)
A1 = brown
A2 = red
A3 = orange
A4 = yellow
A5 = green
A6 = blue

So if you want a Blue and White H8 on orange chrystals the # is KYOD98A3.

Pre delivery buy price is $179.99. You can use the $25.00 certificate in the catalog for this order since it is over $175.00.

Just call and they will help you.

Back